+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I had a strange dream..How would you feel if you read this ?

I had a strange dream..How would you feel if you read this ?

Helloo everybody I need your eyes top read, and your good sense to help me out...

I wrote this e.mail to my ex whom I can't get out of my mind..I sent her this poem 3 days ago and now I am just wondering how she could feel as I didd´nt get any answer from her. Do you think she'll be upset ?

Here it is :

I have had strange dreams recently that's why I was woundering how you were.
    I had this one especially, that kept dancing in my head and I wanted to share it with you, I called it "Mirror Dream".

My eyes closed, I am dreaming
    In my arms, someone
    My arms are breaking under the weight of this unknown and heavy shape
    My eyes, open, hers as well, floating in the middle of a pale face
    I kiss her and feel her blue lips over mine
    Cold like marble: symbol of the tomb of our love
    I take distance: breathe, realize and suddenly remember, remember the shape of this cold and dry mouth, of these eyelids
    I stop to breathe, to feel but everything is clear now: they are mine; I am dead, holding my own body…
    I come back to the reality of my bedroom, the reality of my bed clothes
    I am breathing, feeling and hearing again, in full power of all my senses…
    It was as if a part of me was dead or sneaked away from my own self but smoothly and delicately…
    As this death, that had been oppressing my soul for months, had just broken free, a sensation of peace flew through my whole body and mind: I feel strong and free again...

In all honesty and i know u are hurting right now, i don't think this was the best sort of poem to send an ex...its a little morbid and a little weird for an ex to receive....a good poem but maybe for a different circumstance...and if i was your ex, it would not really make me feel closer to you, sorry x

Morbid, creepy, and unintendedly insulting methaphors.

If she left you, she already knows she hurt you ... so your poem is far too much drama for such a simple and obvious truth.

Sorry, man.

Carl.

i don't want to be mean but that made me laugh, a bit dramatic don't you think? don't get me wrong, if you are hurting about the break but look at the funny side, it is ott!
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 09-02-09 at 07:35 AM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

This poem has pretty much sealed the deal... I'm afraid. If you had no intention of getting her back, you don't have to worry about her bothering your now.

The poem was far too morbid, hinted at insults, and only offered validation for her reasons to not return to you.

The last thing you want to do when trying to encourage an ex to give you a second chance is express all the negativity that you feel...
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Nilis View Post
    now I am just wondering how she could feel as I didd´nt get any answer from her.
    Well, in summary the poem communicates that you went through pain and now you feel free. There's nothing here to respond to which is pretty much why she didn't.

What disappointed me in this poem that it didn't communicate much on how you feel towards her. I think you would've made a much more productive point were you to include something along the lines of "And if I had a bulldozer, i'd run you over with it too". Straight to the point and it would make you feel better. Since it's obvious this one won't be coming back anyway
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Thanks to all...for your reply I feel horrible now....

THank You thank you...

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why would you feel horrible?

You're free now, it's in your poem, you should be happy.

What would I think? I would think, "Damn, I hope he finds someone else to obsess over soon. He's really starting to cross the line."
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Nilis View Post
    Thanks to all...for your reply I feel horrible now....
    THank You thank you...

Most people feel these emotions that were expressed in your poem when a relationship has ended... however, it is customary to not share these emotions with your ex or others who may not know you very well. Doing so will result in misinterpretation and negative connotations surrounding your actions...

Take this as a lesson learned... yes, feeling this way is normal, but most people will not admit or even try to understand such feelings.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

The problem when u are not over an ex and are really hurting/want them back (and u clearly do want ur ex back even tho you infer in your poem u are over her....because if u didn't u wouldn't even bother communicating with her..), it quite often makes rational and objective thought about how/if to treat/ communicate with the ex very difficult/ maybe near impossible. I think maybe your brain gets curdled with some very strange "i've been dumped" chemicals. To objective outsiders who are looking in on the situation, you sending this poem was a bad idea, as can be seen from the above responses. Maybe best to ask for advice before action?