+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Messing round with close friend HELP!

Messing round with close friend HELP!

Hi - this might take a while to explain but it would be great if you read the whole thing!!

I have a close male friend that I have known for about 6 years now (I'm 18).
    I don't want to go out with him because it just wouldn't work. I think we are too close and it would be weird now.

BUT... a few months ago when we were out we both got a bit drunk and we ended up kissing. We both agreed that we didn't want to go out with each other coz it wouldn't work.

We are going away soon (which will involve lots of drinking/partying) and I have a feeling it could happen again. I heard from another close friend that when he was drunk he told him that there will always be something between us and that he would want to sleep with me (his first time) because of how he feels about me.

I'm not sure about this as I definitely wouldn't want it to ruin our friendship but I'm pretty sure we feel the same about each other.

Anyway - any advice for what to do if the situation comes up? Or any other experiences with this? would help a lot thanks

All the girls I've fallen for have been friends first. Personally I think its the best way. You have a trust and bond with that person before anything happens. From the sound of it you both want each other. Why not give it a try as a couple? I dont however recommend you just sleep together unless you really love each other (as more than friends). Thats my two cents.

Lol, I would laugh if I kissed my friend when i was drunk. Alcohol does very weird things to the human body and mind, me for example, I ALWAYS end up shirtless and dancing.....I DON'T dance.

If your coherent enough to know that you kissed your friend and still standing after the 12th round more power to you. I wouldn't worry about it honestly, it would be a shame if either of you let it ruin your friendship. A kiss has little meaning in the broad scope of things unless your in love with the person imo.

In all honesty, your friend will probably change his who sleeping with you dream when he hits college....its like pets on parade and your hormone levels hit the ceiling.

You're young and single, you need to relax and take life a little less seriously. Have fun, enjoy his company and vice versa. you kissed once and it caused no real problems so don't put up walls and seclude yourself over it. Old friends end up getting married more often than you think, eventually they find there way back to each other because personalities are what cause people to gravitate to each other, not looks, lol.
    Last edited by Cbrider; 11-02-09 at 04:40 PM.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Old friends end up getting married more often than you think, eventually they find there way back to each other because personalities are what cause people to gravitate to each other, not looks
    *nods in agreement* personally I always go for friends on purpose. Its much moree comfortable and I'm 20 and only had 2 real relationships and both lasted a long time because they were friends and we were close,one moved away and I couldnt and the other cheated and I dont stay with cheaters.
    If I've helped you plz hit thanks----> : )
    ""In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps""

[URL="http://www.myspace.com/silverracerkh"]http://www.myspace.com/silverracerkh[/URL] <---- ADD ME : )

Quote Originally Posted by lightning88 View Post
    *nods in agreement*
    You live in Tahoe, thats fvcking awesome!

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Quote Originally Posted by Cbrider View Post
    You live in Tahoe, thats fvcking awesome!
    LOL its awesome for veiws and snowboarding but its a dieing town,no jobs and I own a small (failing) company so im kind of screwed. I like it here tho. I'm only staying cus I'm REALLY attached to a certain girl : ) Its not easy to live here thats for sure,low pay and sky high prices. Check out my myspace page in my sig i have heaps of Tahoe pics there
    If I've helped you plz hit thanks----> : )
    ""In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps""

[URL="http://www.myspace.com/silverracerkh"]http://www.myspace.com/silverracerkh[/URL] <---- ADD ME : )