+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama: Exposed Enough Or Too Much?

Obama: Exposed Enough Or Too Much?

So Indig started this thread and the topic of President Barack Obama came up. I stated that I personally am annoyed by how much times I see this man and he has barely done anything yet. Has it even been a month since he has been in office as the official president?

I mean yea as a black woman it's nice seeing a black president, but alot of people refuse to address him as a black man anyway, so whats the point of stressing the fact that he is black? Then the black people are just over exposing him and acting so ignorant because they have a black president. Some even go as far as saying the white house should be painted black. When I hear others say that, I tell them they are retarded. It's not that serious at all.

I am glad we are away from Bush though, I can say that much. But damn, can I have a chance to miss seeing Obama? I am already annoyed seeing him all over the damn television, on peoples clothing, on license plates, keychains, pencils, etc. There are even places here named after him. I mean wtf. It really irritates me.

Does anyone else feel this way, or am I alone? Even if I am alone, my opinion still stands.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

What do you wish to accomplish?
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This isn't entirely his fault, if at all.

But he had a town hall meeting the other day and some old black woman was pleading for his help, sharing her sob story.

Does she not understand it's not like this guy is going to perform miracles, as you said, he's not Jesus. But no thanks to his campaign marketing and the media, too many people are expecting him to magically make everything okay.

She's just one in millions of people in her shoes!

I think he is just a popular modern figure in a turbulent time when everyone is looking for a leader they can look up to, at the moment he happens to be it.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

It's like a cult of personality initiated by the population rather than its rulers. Neat. Would be quite amusing if people started hanging a blue-coloured portrait of Obama in a corner of their house.

Its definitely not his fault. I just think the blacks and who ever else is just over doing it. The make the white house black comment is what pissed me off the most.

And Lesa, I'm not sure what your question is about, but I was just starting a discussion on the topic to get everyone's views on it.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I was sick of the hype before the election was even over. No one could live up to what is being expected of him, so I feel kind of sorry for him.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I was talkin to a friend of mine about how I feel about it. He said some guy said he hasnt seen any changes yet. Its not even a month yet!

I'm just sick of all the miracle-like expectatins people are expecting from this guy. Like right off the bat he's gonna solve every problem. I think people got their hopes too high because they thought they elected a god.

I personally hate it all. People acting like he's going to turn the world around. Sure he's the president, but his power is limited, he can make decisions, but nothing really big. He's just a man that's pretty much allowed to decided on yes or no. You can't expect one man to flip our economy around. Tossing shit loads of money at the problem isn't going to do jack shit imho. Because what's going to happen (or should I say what happened) is people will buy for a little bit then bail out as it starts to increase. This is a recession and there's really nothing that can be done about it. It's like a pendulum, we've gone through these before, it will pass...but it will take time. Don't expect Obama to fix the world.

I especially hate the fact that people are super crazy about him. I absolutely hated the ****ing shirts. It looks like some communist style picture, and everyone has it. Also all the fixed gear riding hipsters had them all in their spokes because that was the cool hip thing to do. The black americans that constantly praise him like previously mentioned "jesus," and that the world is going to change because of him. Sure he wants to do good, but he can't do everything people expect him to do.

Don't forget that if you're republican or vote republican everyone hates you or thinks you're a dumass that wants war. You know the best way to lose a friend or piss someone off is to assume they have the same political views as you and talk shit about the other guy. This really ****ing pissed me off multiple times where I just went off on people how retarded that it's become almost a fashion statement or a cool thing to support the guy when you don't know jack shit about him other than what the news and your friends tell you.

/rant
    Last edited by 1averagejoe; 12-02-09 at 09:52 AM.

It's the media.

President Obama is getting things done.

Quote Originally Posted by LadieNisha4u2nv View Post
    I'm just sick of all the miracle-like expectatins people are expecting from this guy. Like right off the bat he's gonna solve every problem. I think people got their hopes too high because they thought they elected a god.
    Hehe, true. I even saw it on a few church bill boards, Obama being compared to Jesus and so on. I think people were looking for a Savior for awhile and now they are channeling those hopes into him. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes. So far he had been handling it well though.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by LadieNisha4u2nv View Post
    And Lesa, I'm not sure what your question is about, but I was just starting a discussion on the topic to get everyone's views on it.
    There are people who will always be hyped and say something weird and there will also be people who complain for really no good reason. Then there are others who don't give a ......

I just thought you would like to be less annoyed by joining us people who don't give a crap.

What do you hope to accomplish? Or is this simply a rant? If so, as I said, come join us and you will no longer be annoyed.

If you prefer to continue to be annoyed then please carry on. I don't mean to interrupt.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    Then there are others who don't give a .....
    Spot on

I'm one of them who just does not give a crap. Told my Mom I don't believe the hype with him and she threaten to send me to church saying I don't have love in my heart for him.

I walked out the house in shame due to the irrelevant statement they have placed before me.

Decastro, I would have asked your mother what she's been smoking, lol.

Sounds like she views him as Jesus' distant cousin.

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    There are people who will always be hyped and say something weird and there will also be people who complain for really no good reason. Then there are others who don't give a ......

I just thought you would like to be less annoyed by joining us people who don't give a crap.

What do you hope to accomplish? Or is this simply a rant? If so, as I said, come join us and you will no longer be annoyed.

If you prefer to continue to be annoyed then please carry on. I don't mean to interrupt.
    Shit when you put it that way not giving a damn sounds great. Yea this was just a rant cuz it is pretty annoying, but to not give a crap sounds good enough for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast