+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Stage Kiss...

Stage Kiss...

I have to say I'm a little embarassed to be posting this. It seems a little immature. Anyway, I'm seventeen years old and (tear) have never been kissed. I was just cast in a play and I'm playing the role of a lifetime, (at least for me). Problem: There is a kiss involved and I honestly have no idea what I'm doing. Does anybody have an good tips for me? Tell me how to get through this without looking like a total loser. And a way to not embarass myself in front of my extremely good-looking co-star and audiences. Thanks in advance.

justwaiting

Oooh, extremely good looking? Maybe you should call up your co-star and schedule some practice sessions
    We can be heroes just for one day.

Practice. Whether with costar or someone else. And have a third party watch to see what looks believable. And also to critique it. And give suggestions. That way you get the practice while making sure for it to seem like it's actually FOR THAT PLAY! and not just cause you 'don't know what you're doing' (which you'll find out you pick up pretty quick anyway.)

Alexi

Kissing is really not that hard. Its pretty natural, just go in, and you'll start doing the rest.

Oh, for good fun. My sophomore year at HS, we had a musical and I got to have a short kiss scene with the hottest ****ing senior in the school, great voice, great body, also a great basketball player, really dumb though, but thats besides the point. So we rigged one of the performances (the last one) and did a lot of things to piss off our Nazi choir teacher.

1. We went onstage without suit. Just underwear. That means, tap shoes, socks, boxer-briefs, bowtie, cane, a hat, and a sexy six-pack. The girls loved it.
    2. During my short "kiss-scene" (I was dressed this time), we took some creative liberty and turned it into a raunchy 3 minute long make-out sequence where I picked up my damn hot costar and placed her on the table on the set where we continued the sequence. Good fun. Good fun. Highly recommended. Gets a Grade A MVPlaya certified approval. She enjoyed it too and when we went offstage we continued it.
    3. We changed a shoving sequence where a kid gets shoved into a drawn out Bruce Lee-spoofing martial arts sequence that really didn't fit the 20's setting and took about 5 minutes.

Our choir teacher who forced us into this musical hated it so much and raged to the cast, but I didn't care, I was outside with my co-star... eeeehhhhhh... [url=http://www.loveforum.net/showthread.php?t=2664]sinning[/url].

(FYI: this was 42nd Street)
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control