+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it normal to be feeling this way?

MisterFlapJack Guest

Is it normal to be feeling this way?

My ex-girlfriend moved 3 months ago. We had no choice but to break up. This girl was everything I wanted in a girl. She is funny, sweet, beautiful, smart, not into drugs or alcohol, she wasn't a party girl, and she loved me for everything I am. She was also the first girl I loved. We're 17 and when I think back to the times we spent together, I get sad and I feel angry that I had lost her. I feel like I'll never find someone like her again.

Is it normal to feel that way? She was everything I could have ever dreamed of. She was my perfect girl and she went away.

My friend, it is quite normal to feel this way, very true with first loves. Hell my perfect girl ditched me and left me to rot in my own Abyss and that was a long time ago and I am bitter and depressed alot to this day and never gave me a reason.

Life likes to plays games with us....some alot more than others, but keep your head up high your young there are plenty of other girls out there maybe even more perfect for you. I hate to be honest but this was your first love you have really just had your first taste of its potency.
    I would like to die knowing the greatest poison of life....LOVE.

MisterFlapJack Guest
    Thanks man.

I still think about her more than I think I should at this point. I really just want to be completely happy again, but I can't when I keep remembering her. The reminders of her just depress me.

Old flames die slowly...but they do die
    I would like to die knowing the greatest poison of life....LOVE.

Immortal is right, some things just die hard. I fell like a rock for my first girlfriend, I loved her with all my heart.

It took me almost half a year to get past her, now when i see her I just feel sorrow for the sad position she has let herself slide into. I am happier than I have been in a long time and just generally look forward to everyday as a new adventure. Time......it just takes a lot of time.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

There isnt much more to say that they didn't except repeat some of it in my own words.

Your young and you will be young for awhile longer. Yes she was your first girlfriend and yes you did love her but you will find another girl who you love 100x more and eventually marry. It will not happen soon (hopefully). Get out there and enjoy life. You guys had great times together. It is sad she is gone and you cant share more great times with her but it is something that you have to deal with. It is perfectly normal to feel sad for quite some time, I'd say give it a couple months and you should be feeling A LOT better.
    Just keep a positive attitude and remember, there are many many more awesome girls that will be perfect for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cbrider View Post
    It took me almost half a year to get past her, now when i see her I just feel sorrow for the sad position she has let herself slide into.
    Wow, I consider it an accomplishment if it only takes me half a year to get over someone.

MisterFlapJack Guest
    Dammit, it's takes people at least a year? I want to forget about her NOW! It's really painful thinking about her. Why can't it just be as easy as burning a page off a diary?

I want to try to find another girl, but I'm so damn picky. I hate it! I look around, especially during Valentine's Day, and everybody has a partner but me. I feel depressed and alone right now...

I also wish it was easy to get over an ex. It is truly hard to completely get over someone you loved.

Patience. I know you dont want to hear that, but in due time, you'll be happily saying you are over the person and feel accomplished as opposed to how you feel now. I'm not gonna tell you keep your mind off her, cuz it is basically impossible. In some cases, moving on does help people to get over someone. Maybe you should go out and meet new people?
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Take your time...

It's completely normal to feel what you're feeling after a breakup, especially when you were in a relationship that was pretty involved.

I've been down that road before, and it took me awhile to get over everything initially as well. My best advice? Get together with your friends, go out and get into some activities, etc. Do anything you can to stay busy. That should help you not only get your mind off of everything, but it will also help you to meet new people as well.
    no links in the sig. do it again and get banned.