+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do girls think about guys who carry guns?

What do girls think about guys who carry guns?

I have permit and carry a concealed handgun or have one in my glove box sometimes. What would you ladies think about a guy who carries a gun? Would you be afraid or intimidated by that or would it not be a big deal? I'm not a crazy gun nut or anything, I just carry for protection just in case something happens. I carry it concealed and everything, but if it's a girl I'm dating she'd still see me take it out of my glove box when I go home or take off the holster when I get home.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That depends.

What city do you live in?

I travel around a lot for work, but right now I don't live in the best area. I would carry even if I lived in a good area, just because it's good to be prepared. Bad stuff can happen even in good neighborhoods.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would never, ever date a man that carries a gun, unless he's a cop. I don't believe in carrying weapons designed to kill people, because they may be used to do exactly that.

My fiance has a hunting rifle, and I won't let him keep it in the house. It lives with his Dad. For now.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I live in New Orleans, which warrants carrying a gun more than most places.

Depending on where you are, some people will just think you're a whackjob.

Plus, self defense outside of the home with firearms is so tricky nowadays.

I'm not a cop, but I'm in the military.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think pretty much everyone who carries a gun is a whackjob. If you're ever in a position that a gun would truly be handy it's probably because you asked for it.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    I think pretty much everyone who carries a gun is a whackjob. If you're ever in a position that a gun would truly be handy it's probably because you asked for it.
    And if you asked for it, you might as well have a gun handy.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    To be frank, men that carry guns straight up turn me off.

I would leave a man for carrying a handgun. Seriously.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I can't see myself strapping a gun on me unless I was going to walk down to downtown New Orleans in the middle of the night. I just avoid those areas otherwise.

On the other hand, I would probably keep a handgun in my vehicle. I should have a gun now, but I haven't gotten around to slapping a few hundred on one. Hopefully I'll get one before the next evacuation.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why Fras? You expect to need to have to shoot at somebody? Could you live with yourself if you KILLED somebody?

What if someone got the gun away from you and shot you or your gf?

These are the things I think about when I think about owning a gun, and why I will never. Also why my fiance will never own one (although I don't think he would ever want a handgun).

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm not a fan of guns; you never hear stories about how someone successfully defended themselves from harm with a gun, but you hear PLENTY of stories about innocent people being killed by them. So I guess the answer is no - I wouldn't like it.

That said, I have known (and liked) a few responsible gun owners. It's just not my life style, and I prefer to avoid bad areas.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Most girls are going to look at your personality and judge you based on that. It's going to have a strong impact on whether or not they'd be comfortable with you owning a firearm.

If owning a gun is important to you, why give a **** what most women think? Just find yourself a nice girl with your world views.

Other than that, we live in a dangerous world. Our houses and gadgets are powered by dangerously powerful electric currents. We cut the hair off of our skin with deadly sharp razors. Gases can fill up in our homes and asphyxiate us. Just think, the one thing keeping you alive is your (and everybody else's) rationale... making simple decisions that you don't really think about. "Should I just shave my face like I normally do, or should I run the blade across my neck seven or eight times?" "Should I land this plane safely in the Delaware airport, or should I crash it straight into the ground?" It's really funny if you ask me. Throwing a gun in the mix really doesn't make things that much crazier if you ask me.

That's all I can really say without my bias leaking through.
    Last edited by doppelgaenger; 17-02-09 at 11:11 AM.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    Why Fras? You expect to need to have to shoot at somebody? Could you live with yourself if you KILLED somebody?

What if someone got the gun away from you and shot you or your gf?

These are the things I think about when I think about owning a gun, and why I will never. Also why my fiance will never own one (although I don't think he would ever want a handgun).
    I don't know bluesummer, when was the last time you packed up all your belongings into your car and sped out of town with the rest of the city? Or even better, the alternative being to stay knowing the police and military presence wasn't there to protect or save me from harm, but rather only protect property? (I'm not exaggerating, they were only around to prevent looting, and were not there to protect human life, that is the risk you take to stay during a mandatory evactuation).

Or the last time you drove into what was supposed to be a safe haven and found a blacked out storm damaged city imposed with martial law?

If anything, having decided to live in a city like this, I'm being irresponsible by not having a firearm. Just like living out in the wilderness would warrant a firearm, it simply comes with the territory.

It is what it is, don't even try to debate me on this, we don't live in the same place.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    N'awlans is a special case, granted. Any disaster situation is a special case. I'd never keep a gun on me unless the situation were dire. I live near DC. If something ever happened, a dirty bomb, an anthrax attack, whatever, you can bet I'd have a loaded gun on me as I made my way out. I would not regret killing another person to save my life or to save the lives of anyone I cared for.

But I don't believe that was the question, Fras. This guy's talking about carrying a weapon with him on a day to day basis. He's talking about strolling into the local supermarket with a Colt 1911 tucked under his coat like he expects Commies to repel through the roof at any time. Folks like that are on the nutty side if you ask me.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast