+ Follow This Topic

Thread: letting go of this stupid old crush

letting go of this stupid old crush

So I'll start by saying I think a large cause of my lingering feelings is the fact that I just don't have ANYONE I'm remotely interested in right now. Not that I want to find love in a foreign country that I'll be leaving, Vash, but the usually overactive part of my brain responsible for pining after men has been deprived recently.

Anyway, I can't help getting frustrated whenever I think of the outcome with Irish Guy. I'm not talking like painful crushing, losing sleep - he crosses my mind every few days at most. I also think I'm going to see him randomly, which happened once already. I know that not contacting me for the past 4 months since we saw each other again is a 100% clear rejection. Shouldn't that be enough closure for me??

It's been almost 2 years since the day we met and in the meantime I've fallen hard for, and gotten over, someone else (mostly). I just have this horrible feeling that I gave a bad impression on our last (i.e. second) date (talked too much, although I can't be sure that's the reason) and he threw away all potential for something good.

I'm thinking of writing him a letter, I think it might help me. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by lovesjoyajm; 19-02-09 at 01:39 AM.

write a letter but don't send it.

you'll find somebody, of this i am confident. but this guy does not deserve your letters.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

i think the best way to find closure is to ask him out for a drink. get both of yous wasted. fcuk. leave country.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

I agree with Misombra, I guess there's no reason for you to write him a letter.. he stopped while you just started dating and getting to know each other.
    And since you're leaving, you'll get to know more on that place wherever you'll heading.. the right one for you will come on time you don't expect.
    “Some people are so determined to find blissful happiness that they overlook a lifetime of contentment” -Unknown.
    listening on my music while trying to figure out your situation..