+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Early signs of commitment: what do you guys think?

Early signs of commitment: what do you guys think?

Are most men likely to let you know early on if they think a relationship has long term potential or not? Or will they just keep this to themselves? What are any tell tale signs that they are leaning in one direction or another?

Thats a pretty generic question, theres hundreds of different factors that can affect it. Every guy is different and at different stages of their lives. My best friend is 6 months younger than me and he and his wife are expecting in 2 weeks. I am years away from marriage at this point and I am his age.

You could make a list a mile long of positives and negatives relating to whether someone is committed or not and people would agree and disagree on the meaning of each and everyone of them, its far to subjective.

Post some details about you or whoever you are referring to, you will get a much better response than throwing out blind questions.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

I think rather than trying to read signs, at a certain point, you should just ask the guy how he feels. After all, signs can be misread VERY easily. Better to get good lines of communication flowing early on. After a couple of months, it's perfectly fine to ask him where he thinks the relationship is going.

Just don't do it on the first date. Ha!
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

From personal experience the males that I know will state it one way or another what he wants in the future with you. Strangely this has happened every time for me. If he is interested in long term he will say it. If he doesn't he will say it. Mature men are usually very decisive compared to women. However, you have to listen to him...not hear what you want him to say.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by tigereyes12 View Post
    Are most men likely to let you know early on if they think a relationship has long term potential or not? Or will they just keep this to themselves?
    It's different for everyone. Some will, some won't. If you are uncertain, just ask.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~