+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it OK to hook up with someone related thru marriage?

Is it OK to hook up with someone related thru marriage?

My uncle got married on Valentine's day. He's a distant uncle. My grandma's brother's son. He married this girl. She has a younger sister. She was the bride's maid & I was the best man. We had a great time on the wedding day. And I like her. We're not blood related, but related by marriage.

So is it wrong for me to get with her?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This actually sounds like a blood relative to me... grandmothers are blood relatives, as are their siblings and offspring. She's be some sort of cousin, I believe.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Meh I really don't see anything wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    This actually sounds like a blood relative to me... grandmothers are blood relatives, as are their siblings and offspring. She's be some sort of cousin, I believe.
    The only bloodline relation is the distant uncle. I'm interested in his wife's sister.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It sounds okay to me, then. Do you think you have relatives that would object? You might want to check with the family matriarchs...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    It sounds okay to me, then. Do you think you have relatives that would object? You might want to check with the family matriarchs...
    Are you kidding me? I was pressured from both sides of the family to get with her. My aunt who is a Catholic nun encourages it.

But there is a problem though. I'm in Virginia & she's in Texas. That's my ultimate problem. But I'll be done with college in 8 months. I was planning to go back to California. But now I might be looking at TX since housing is much cheaper there.

But I still have no clue about how she feels about me. We're both single, she's only a few months younger than me & we have so much stuff in common. She was pretty attached to me during the reception too. Sitting on my lap while we were both drunk. Begging me to dance with her but I decline since I have no idea how to dance.

I did screw up by losing her cell. I have no idea if she ever found it. Maybe I need to call her & find out.

Her sister (who got married) tells me to get her number & keep in contact with her. But I never got the courage to ask her. I told the sister that I'm just looking forward to finishing school right now & what happens after that with her still remains unknown. But I do want to keep in touch maybe through email, phone or chat. Maybe I'll let time pass by more before getting in touch with her. Or maybe she'll come in contact with me first.

I'd try to get with her. Hell, I have 2 years of college left, and my girlfriend lives in former Yugoslavia!

If your uncle is your blood relative and the girl is a blood relative to his wife then there is no blood connection between you two. From a genetics stand point you two have zero relation and are completely in the clear to get together.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Your maternal great-uncle's, son's wife has a sister who you like. A cousin by marriage. No blood relation, go for it.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh