+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Restart relationship?

Restart relationship?

Hi ladies, simple dude needs your advice

My ex and I broke up a few months ago, had very little contact for a while apart form working together, but started talking a lot again a month ago.

First of all, I'm way past the "self pitty oh my God my life sucks" phase. I'm happy and enjoy life...so this is not a "broken heart thing".

Anyway, she's been sending me random text messages a lot, and we've been chatting daily for a month now. Last weekend we both went to a goodbye party of an old friend, and she took her two flatmates along. I had a really good time, but generally stayed away from her a bit because I think she deserves that freedom. So one of her flatmate's an incredibly hot Russian girl, and most of my friends had a go at her...but for some reason both of her flatmates clung to me the whole night and asked for my number.

And here's where it got kinda interesting. My ex GF started to come over, snatch my drinks, and it seemed as if she wanted her share of the attention. I got a bit tipsy (mates carpet-bombing you with drink didn't help), and after she tried to grab my drink for like the 5th time, I slapped her ass. Funny thing is, she always kinda liked that, but that's not why I did it...at that point I just wanted to fight for this one drink.

Anyway, after that night she became even more chatty, and discussions became a bit more personal again between us. She started saying things like "but I can't date you because..." without me even mentioning anything about getting back together. I know she's been seeing someone for 2 weeks now, and it's the first dude after me. When I found out, I told her that I do care about her a lot, but I don't wanna hear about him and her because I'm not interested and don't feel she has to tell me stuff like "we went for dinner and had an awesome time". She does know I had/have a huge crush on her, but I made it clear that if she wants to be with someone else, I'll keep my distance...in the end, I just want her to be happy.

The thing is, as happy as I am with my life right now, I do care about her a lot...and would totally be interested in getting back together. When we were together I fell into the "yes" trap, always trying to please her. But I moved on, and I'm definitely not that type anymore. We had our arguments since we broke up, but I stopped just caving in, and she always came back apologizing when she pissed me off somehow and I consequently ignored her because of it. I do know she cares about me a lot...

She's a strong girl, and her behavior is definitely not the typical girly type. I know I probably only have this one chance, but I'm at a total loss as to how to proceed. I don't wanna scare her away, but I do realize that she's probably too proud to initiate anything concrete. She agreed to go out next Friday, and I plan on taking her to a few of our old places.

Anyway, any tips as to how I should handle this situation would be awesome!!

EDIT: Also, after that one last night out, she changed her Facebook profile pic to a picture of one of the most fun nights we had when we were dating...
    Last edited by JackBauer; 20-02-09 at 08:22 PM.

shes showing interest still, which could work in your favor. my thoughts are to court her again, teach her how you have changed, and see if a relationship could work again. talk to her about it, mention that you do still have feelings for her and would like to give it another try. see how she reacts, but let her know that friendship is fine too if thats what she wants. she may pull away from you if she decides she just wants to be friends so that you can move past the "crush" to be on the friendship level if that makes sense...

I think she is still into to you, but yes u r right you have to keep distance, and respect what she wants. Me and my ex broke up but definitely not the same situation like urs. I am the one wanting for us to try again. but he said it is better for us to be friends. he sends me message and call from time to time not very often though and always wishes me to take care of myself and all the best. and everytime he will call he will say that I am not interested anymore ( for what i dont know) as i never told him anything, kept my distance etc. So somehow i am lost. i do love my ex very much. at your case if you love her dont let here go. everything is worth a second chance. you just have to make sure, and try it will work out this time.