+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Student-teacher dating

Student-teacher dating

Ok although the occurance of such increasing dating trend is taking place,such question still remains pretty much unsaid still.
    I've seen some attractive female teachers around my campus and it brought me to the question,"are female teachers willing to date a student after graduation?"

If no,would they be willing to date a student whom they never taught but were once student of the institute?

Let's assume student is around his early 20's while the teaching figure is mid 20's.

My girlfriend is a teacher. But she teaches high school and is also a student.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    My girlfriend is a teacher. But she teaches high school and is also a student.
    But is she your teacher or in the same institute as you?
    I'm referring to the case where she happens to be your teacher and 5-7years your senior.

No she is in in another country but there is a five year difference

Doppel, he's talking about dating someone who was YOUR teacher... or at least a professor at your school. Not just any teacher. Someone where there would be a breach of student-teacher distance.

I was once interested in a student teacher who was working on a doctorate at the same school I go to. We didn't bother dating after we found out. I met him outside of school and found that out. So even that can be an issue for some especially if you are not together yet.

Doppel, UKboy is not simply talking about people in the education field...that's nothing. He is talking about dating a professor/instructor that goes the same school as you the student.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Aside from the teacher-student impropriety, I don't think most women in their mid 20s are interested in dating males so much younger.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you have well-defined muscles and aren't a prick she might do things with you. You can always say MAYBE

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Aside from the teacher-student impropriety, I don't think most women in their mid 20s are interested in dating males so much younger.
    I guess I am the exception to that rule

Well I doubt that professors would date students enrolled on their campus. They'd be risking their career. It is generally not allowed, and if it is, it does a number on a professor's reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    I guess I am the exception to that rule

Well I doubt that professors would date students enrolled on their campus. They'd be risking their career. It is generally not allowed, and if it is, it does a number on a professor's reputation.
    I understand that.But what about after graduation?
    Would women consider their male student after graduation even if they were 5 years their senior but the guy demostrate high maturity and almost on par with the female?
    I believe most guys,at some point of time would want to date their teacher not because they are teacher but it just so happened that the women whom they find attractive happened to be in this profession.If maturity and age aren't synonymous,then why would many,the females especially not want to date a mature guy jsut because he's younger?
    Would it be fair to say it's the social stigma?
    Last edited by UKboy; 22-02-09 at 01:07 PM.

It's probably a social stigma and maybe the woman is going by bad experience but should not.

My bff is married to a man 5 years her junior. It's not neccessarily or always age that defines maturity but it's a quick and easy criteria you can use on strangers until you get to know them...if they ever decide to.

I would date a younger man if he has things going for himself. I've never been in a relationship with a younger man although I have had some attracted and asked to date but I was taken.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Even if they were the same age, the correct answer is no. Its not an age thing, its a professional code. Don't date your students. Just like doctors don't date their patients and lawyers don't date their clients.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I agree with reloaded, except, after graduation (when you are no longer a student), i don't see the harm...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sure^. I know a couple professors who married their students, happens.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

By the amount of airplay this subject is getting I'm thinking maybe I should become a professor?

Is there a field of 'love studies'? I could see myself doing that.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast