+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 11-year old in for double-murder.

11-year old in for double-murder.

[url]http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/feb/22/jordan-brown-pennsylvania-murder[/url]

An 11-year-old American boy has been charged with killing his father's pregnant girlfriend with his hunting gun as she lay in bed at the family farmhouse in Pennsylvania.
    The youth model 20-gauge shotgun, which is said to have belonged to Jordan, is designed for children and such weapons do not have to be registered.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    why don't they have any comments from his father??

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Is it just me... or does it seem that ANY weapon in the hands of a killer would be dangerous... not just a gun?

Why not outlaw knives, cars, and anything else that can be used to KILL?

Though I agree... all guns should be registered... but who could've predicted a 20-gauge shotgun being used by a child to kill a pregnant woman? Even if the gun wasn't available for use... he could have used a knife instead.

The problem isn't the weapon... the problem was the child and whatever factors led to his mental state.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Probably suffering from post-leash stress.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    Is it just me... or does it seem that ANY weapon in the hands of a killer would be dangerous... not just a gun?

Why not outlaw knives, cars, and anything else that can be used to KILL?

Though I agree... all guns should be registered... but who could've predicted a 20-gauge shotgun being used by a child to kill a pregnant woman? Even if the gun wasn't available for use... he could have used a knife instead.

The problem isn't the weapon... the problem was the child and whatever factors led to his mental state.
    The difference is that he could kill practically anyone with a shotgun, but with a knife its just a maybe with far better odds, and a car is very unlikely. Even a full-grown person is able to cause far less damage with a knife than with a gun.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Jealousy is a bitch, ain't it?

those farm kids are way out of hand.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    those farm kids are way out of hand.
    i guess all the animals were busy having sex with other people so being left with nothing else to do, he decided to shoot someone.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    The difference is that he could kill practically anyone with a shotgun, but with a knife its just a maybe with far better odds, and a car is very unlikely. Even a full-grown person is able to cause far less damage with a knife than with a gun.

That's the same logic as censoring tv rather than changing the channel.

Who cares what weapons are available.. a kid that's ****ed up like this will use them. Only difference is the woman barely survives or dies more slowly. There's something wrong with him... learning what caused his unbalanced mental state and preventing this from occurring in other kids should take precedence over which weapons are at their disposal.

A responsible person can have a weapon their whole life and not use it to kill in cold blood. So the gun is not the problem... the warped mind of the one wielding it is.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    A responsible person can have a weapon their whole life and not use it to kill in cold blood. So the gun is not the problem... the warped mind of the one wielding it is.
    Even so ... at least a pregnant lady has more of a fighting chance to survive against a knife than a 20 gauge shotgun. The point is, two living souls are dead because of it ... I can fight off a knife attack or try my best to avoid a speeding car, but I highly doubt I could do anything about a shotgun pointblank ...

and for the record, I wouldn't trust an 11 year old with my guitar, let alone a gun or a knife.

...the kid looks like Damien ...
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Who cares? **** them. I care little for people anymore. That is what the stupid bitch gets for dating a dude who already has a kid. There you go, reason 39480238975028437203489 not to date someone with a kid as baggage already.

Oh and stop blaming the gun and gun laws. I don't give a **** if 5 year olds are packing. It is a human's wisdom that ultimatly kills or doesn't. People are killing people and not guns, gun is just a tool...like a match. That can burn a house down with 30 people in it or save your life in a Forrest when you need warmth.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 23-02-09 at 02:10 PM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'd just like the chance to run away ... I don't blame guns or weapons solely, but I'm thinking in terms of the victim ... I'd rather have a fighting chance. If somebody wanted to kill me, I'd much rather have the person be forced to use his/her physical strength instead of an easy alternative like a gun ...
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

I am the mother of a kid that's about to turn 11. While I find her to be a responsible person for her age, it would be ****ing insane for me to give her a ****ing 20-gauge shotgun. Sorry. You just DON'T give kids guns, like you don't give them blowtorches or poison darts.

Yes, little Damian might have come up with something else, and yes, I DO think it's good that he's being charged as an adult even though he's nowhere near adult, but his father has some explaining to do.

I'm not anti-gun. I'm anti-idiot.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by tooxshort View Post
    Even so ... at least a pregnant lady has more of a fighting chance to survive against a knife than a 20 gauge shotgun. The point is, two living souls are dead because of it ... I can fight off a knife attack or try my best to avoid a speeding car, but I highly doubt I could do anything about a shotgun pointblank ...

and for the record, I wouldn't trust an 11 year old with my guitar, let alone a gun or a knife.

...the kid looks like Damien ...

Two living souls are dead because of an 11 year old boy! The gun didn't aim itself and shoot... Once more, you miss the point.

Proper parenting... even psychological evaluation when the child was younger could've prevented all of this from ever happening. With proper parenting, the child may not have thought of weapons as a means of throwing a fit.... and with psychological evaluation... the warped state of mind of the child could've been known much sooner --- before motivation influenced actions.

People have to have licenses to own guns... they require no training whatsoever to raise children --- children who if raised horribly... can become murderers.

- James Allen

People have to have licenses to own guns... they require no training whatsoever to raise children --- children who if raised horribly... can become murderers.
    Well, apparently children don't need licenses to own 20-gauge shotguns. How ****ed-up is that?
    Spammer Spanker

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast