+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Academy Awards 2009

Academy Awards 2009

anything you liked / hated about the Oscars this year?

I personally give Hugh Jackman kudos for revealing a new side of him to me. Great singing / dancing on his part, he looked really comfortable hosting and I warmed up to him after a minute into the show.

Loved the Indian dancing performance, however the singing including John Legend, straight out SUCKED!

I didn't know that Ben Stiller was doing a Joaquin Phoenix I would've enjoyed that a lot more had I known. Thanks to Kevin & Bean now I know.

I disagree with anyone who hated the five presenters. It made it so much more personal for me and so much more special for the actors. It's like passing on the legacy.

Seth Rogen certainly lost weight and looked nothing like himself. too bad. some people should not change their appearances that drastically and become unrecognizable. he needs to learn from Jack Black how to keep his signature look.

my guilty pleasure is that I enjoyed the musical number. it came off very authentic.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Missed the whole thing. Didn't even know it was on- watched 27 Dresses with my daughter.

I'm bummed that I missed my other other boyfriend, Hugh Jackman, though. Was he adorable?
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Missed the whole thing. Didn't even know it was on- watched 27 Dresses with my daughter.

I'm bummed that I missed my other other boyfriend, Hugh Jackman, though. Was he adorable?
    yes he was check it out on Youtube

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9Vhx0UEtW8"]YouTube - Hugh Jackman's Opening Performance at the 2009 Academy Awards[/ame]
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

he did win though

funniest speech ever

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhbRydORPpA"]YouTube - Kunio Kato: "Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto"[/ame]