+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One of my mates, girls. Yes, this.

One of my mates, girls. Yes, this.

Hello,

One of my mates, has a girlfriend, i've really gotten to know her over the last 2 months or so, and we trust each other SO MUCH. Like, with everything. I began questioning whether or not I love her. And it turns out I do. I've told her about this and we're cool.
    She's said before, 'different circumstances and i'd be all over you' and stuff like that. So I was just wondering.

If they break up, and I leave it however long it takes her to get over it before asking her. Would that be a bad, or wrong thing to do? I'm not talking about splitting them up myself. Not trying anything malicious here. So... Yeah...

Cheers.

Mattio

Quote Originally Posted by Mattio123 View Post
    Would that be a bad, or wrong thing to do?
    It would most likely hurt your friend and you will probably have to drop him. So yeh, it's one of those bros vs hoes things.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    How important is your friend? How long have you known him?

You'll date this girl for a matter of weeks, months, or, if you're extremely unlucky, a year or two tops. She's temporary. A good friend could be around for life. Just remember that, whatever you do.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

I'm not so sure it actually would split up our friendship (the male mate). Well.

A) She doesn't go to my (and my mates) school, so maybe we could keep it on the down low, for a while? I don't know. I'm so confused.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you're in high school it doesn't really matter. Steal his chick from him outright. Who cares? He'll get over it. She'll dump you and move on to the next boy. You'll find some other chick to fall in love with. The cycle will repeat until college.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think this is all a matter of how much your (male) friend means to you, and how much this girl means to him. If they are only dating casually, you may be able to pull this off. If your friend loves this girl, even your behavior to this point would be reason enough to drop you as a friend.
    Last edited by vashti; 24-02-09 at 11:08 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

You've already done harm to your mate, Mattio. You should NEVER have told her your feelings for her while she was in a relationship, especially a relationship with your friend. At best, you have planted a seed in her mind that could well germinate and grow at the slightest difficulty in their relationship. At worst, you now have her thinking about whether she would rather be with you instead of him.

You imagine that you are being discreet right now, but if and when they break up, your fingerprints will be all over it. Besides ... why on earth would you want to get involved with a girl who has a boyfriend but says "different circumstances and i'd be all over you"? She may be being good for now, but a faithful girlfriend wouldn't even be entrtaining these thoughts much less expressing them.

Carl.

Quote Originally Posted by carl1222 View Post
    You've already done harm to your mate, Mattio. You should NEVER have told her your feelings for her while she was in a relationship, especially a relationship with your friend. At best, you have planted a seed in her mind that could well germinate and grow at the slightest difficulty in their relationship. At worst, you now have her thinking about whether she would rather be with you instead of him.

You imagine that you are being discreet right now, but if and when they break up, your fingerprints will be all over it. Besides ... why on earth would you want to get involved with a girl who has a boyfriend but says "different circumstances and i'd be all over you"? She may be being good for now, but a faithful girlfriend wouldn't even be entrtaining these thoughts much less expressing them.

Carl.
    She said the 'different circumstances etc' thing because she was helping me when I had a problem with my self esteem. I only told her because I trust her a lot.

JJBender87 Guest
    If you think you love someone you should let them know. We all know the pain of heartbreak when you lose someone you thought was great, but the pain of regret is worse. You don't want to look back and think of what might have happened with her.

Even if it ends up being nothing at least you know you went for it. It's good to let her relationship with your bud take its course, but I know a ton of people who have liked their friends girl, and it took a while before the guy was ok with it, but eventually it could turn out to be great.

If you go about it the right way, and he's a real friend, you don't have to worry about losing him either.

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by JJBender87 View Post
    If you think you love someone you should let them know. We all know the pain of heartbreak when you lose someone you thought was great, but the pain of regret is worse. You don't want to look back and think of what might have happened with her.

Even if it ends up being nothing at least you know you went for it. It's good to let her relationship with your bud take its course, but I know a ton of people who have liked their friends girl, and it took a while before the guy was ok with it, but eventually it could turn out to be great.

If you go about it the right way, and he's a real friend, you don't have to worry about losing him either.

good luck

Really? What if she were engaged? married?? your BROTHER'S girlfriend???

Carl.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Love is bullshit. It's no excuse for being a slimy underhanded bastard and betraying the people who ought to matter to you. If you can't get a girl out of your head it's not love. It's obsession. Those emotions aren't unique to one special person in the whole world. There are plenty of women around to fall in love with.
    -Mark Twain

-Albert Einstein

Ask yourself what kind of person gets this close to his buddy's girl in the first place. Does your moral compass point anywhere near north? I think not.

The sweetness of your feelings for her do NOT change the fact that you, Mattio, are a sleaze. Back away from the girl. What you're doing with her is... icky.
    Spammer Spanker

I don't think I am being a 'slimy underhanded bastard' or a 'sleaze'. I'm not acting on my feelings really, not trying to end their relationship or anything. Is there anything wrong with that?

I don't think I am being a 'slimy underhanded bastard' or a 'sleaze'. I'm not acting on my feelings really, not trying to end their relationship or anything. Is there anything wrong with that?
    "I began questioning whether or not I love her. And it turns out I do. I've told her about this and we're cool."

If you are not trying to interfere in their relationship, why would you tell her you love her? It makes no sense.

Carl.

There may be a time where I don't have a problem with a friend of mine dating an ex. However, if you were my friend and you did this to me, I would cut off the friendship very quickly. No friend of mine will tell the girl that I'm with that he loves her while she's in a relationship with me.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast