+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confused about this girl!

Confused about this girl!

Hi all,

I am 19 years old, and a full-time college student. This semester, on the first day of one of my classes, I noticed this girl staring at me...I mean really staring. When I looked over, she and I would hold the stare, usually ending in a slight smile. At that moment in time I really wasn't that in to her, rather just amazed that she was staring at me so blatantly. About 3 weeks later though, I really found myself attracted to her. The staring continued, but not so much. I did however catch her friend staring and then smiling when I caught her. She would then turn and the two would chat all giggly. At this point, I couldn't stand it anymore. After the end of class, I went up to her and her friend and introduced myself, also asking a question about a topic in class. Her friend was more talkative than her, but none the less we exchanged names. I found it odd too, her friend was about ready to say, "this is..." when all the sudden she spoke up for herself, and told me her name.

So now, today, I was hoping maybe as she walked in class she would say hi, at the very least. She ended up walking in, looking everywhere in the room except at me, and then sat down in her usual seat across the class. I was a bit surprised by this, but I figured maybe she is just shy.

This is the part where I really screwed up, and am hoping someone out there can come up with some ideas for me to use. As class was dismissed, me and her were practically the last ones out. She was in front of me walking in the hall, and I planned to catch up and talk to her. However, I saw her texting on the phone, and totally choked. I basically ended up walking right past her, not saying anything. I should have just said something!

So now I'm totally pondering whether or not she is even interested. Now that I come to think of it I'm not even sure if she was really using her phone..I am totally at a mental loss here. I really don't want to screw this one up, as she initially seemed interested.

Any tips, pointers I could use to revitalize this situation?

Thanks in advance,

James

Don't wait for her to say hi, YOU make the move. Go over and greet her.

I was just in a similar situation too yesterday, I wanted to get the attention of a girl that was walking out of class in front of me.

Just tap her shoulder slightly and say hi, don't overthink it. It's not like she's in the middle of a phone conversation.

Since you guys already have been introduced, ask a question related to the class or something and make small talk.

Then work your way from there, maybe she was waiting for you to make a move after introducing yourself but you never did anything.

She's either interested in you but shy, or she's f**king with you. Walk up to her, look her straight in the eye (you should have no problem with that) and say: "Hi Bertha, want to meet me for a cup of coffee later?"

Her response should tell you which it is. Just don't get all insecure if she can't for some reason, she's busy sometimes too. If she puts you off (rather than blows you off) ask "when would be a good time?" But if she keeps putting you off after a few tries, then you know she's just f**king with you and pass her by.

Carl.

Carl, I was considering doing something like this, but do you think its acceptable? I mean, the only interaction i've had with this girl is a handshake and introduction. Also, suppose she is interested but shy, wouldn't this be way to "over the top" for her? Perhaps I shouldn't put so much thought into it, and get it over with.

Quote Originally Posted by 69charger View Post
    Carl, I was considering doing something like this, but do you think its acceptable? I mean, the only interaction i've had with this girl is a handshake and introduction. Also, suppose she is interested but shy, wouldn't this be way to "over the top" for her? Perhaps I shouldn't put so much thought into it, and get it over with.
    Asking to meet for the proverbial "cup of coffee" is always acceptable after you have met and talked, even briefly. If she's shy, she will appreciate you making this very gentle "move" to get things started.

Carl.

Thanks Carl, I'm going to try this out and see what happens.

Oh, and Debris, thank you as well. I also have the hunch that maybe she was waiting for me to make a move, just needed somebody else's take on all this!