+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I wasting my time?

Am I wasting my time?

I've been dating a 44 yr old man for almost 4 yrs. When i met him in dec 2004, he was in the process of getting a divorce. His wife was out of the house and had already purchased a new house. Upon meeting him he had been in "mini" relationships but nothing that mattered. After the one year separation and one year into our relationship, he filed for divorce. The divorce was finalized in Dec. 2006. I was led to believe that he wanted a future with me, but after 2 yrs, he said that he did not want to marry "any time soon." So, I ended the relationship at the end of the 3rd year (2007) or one year after his divorce was final and went "cold turkey." I do want to get married again one day but after this, i decided to just take a break from dating in general. By spring 2008, he was pursuing the relationship again and we are dating again, however, still... no proposal. It's March 2009 and I am thinking of ending the realtionship AGAIN for GOOD. P.S. We have had the talk so..do I give him MORE time or just move on..without him?

Well, his reasons for not wanting to remarry are important. Is it because he just doesn't want to commit? Do you think he's with other women? If that's the case, why would you want him at all?

The way I see it, if you were the one for him, he'd have made it clear by now. What he's made clear is that you're NOT the one for him.
    Spammer Spanker

but we do have to accept that he is in his forties and recently divorced, Giga. it's not as easy to jump into another marriage right away after going through such a huge ordeal as a divorce. people become more cautious after any break up especially as they get older. she may be the one, and he may love her, however it doesn't mean that she needs a piece of paper in order to be with the one he loves. she is not doing it because those are her beliefs, or morals, or religion. here we have a person who doesn't seem to complain about him besides for a marriage certificate.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things