+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Meeting Online

Meeting Online

Alright people, heres the deal..
    I need advice..
    Here is a little about the situation.

Im 16 and ive just met this wonderful girl online, over myspace. And the usual happens.. we talk on there and it moves to MSN, then the phone. She goes to a different school as me but we live in the same town.

Im not usually shy with girls, but there is something about her that really makes me nervous. The guys she said she usually dates are jockey, lifts weights, good body etc.
    I do play sports and im preppy, which is her taste.. but im not on the BIG TIME muscular side, im kindly muscular but not to the extent of her previous boyfriends.

Ive explained to her a little about myself, showed her pictures.. and she has done the same. We are really hitting it off, and she says that she would love to meet me in person.. But here is the (problem)..

I am extremely nervous, and she asked me if the pictures i sent her was up to date, not deceiving.. ya know, if i looked the same in person as i do on the pictures.
    Which i told her yes,.. but the pictures was a month or so old.. Which i really didnt think was that bad

So now im wondering/nervous about meeting her and if she thinks i look the same. Cause it would be horrible if it all turned out wrong and she wasnt as interested because i look a little different

Any advice please? i really want this to work

Quote Originally Posted by Hopefull View Post
    So now im wondering/nervous about meeting her and if she thinks i look the same. Cause it would be horrible if it all turned out wrong and she wasnt as interested because i look a little different
    Well then, it's better to find out sooner rather than later, don't you think? If she doesn't like you because of how you look now, then there's nothing you can do about that.

Don't worry, if the photo was only a month old I'm sure you'll look the same.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    A month old photo is pretty recent. Unless you gained 100 lbs or dyed your hair blue in the last month, I'm sure it's not a problem.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Lol.. thanks
    i think im just a little paranoid

Look different in a month? Hahahaha.

I think you should meet her as soon as possible ... not because you might look different than your pics, but because you can't really know if there's attraction (chemistry) between you except in person. There are a lot of things that go into attraction ... not just looks.

Carl.

Just go with the flow and have fun. Dont make a big deal out of the date and just focus on having fun.

You are being honest which is great and remember not to put any pressure on to the relationship. Just take things as they come and let nature take it's course. If it is meant to be then it will happen and things will naturally progress.

You are still young and have plenty of time to worry about things being serious. Just have fun and enjoy being young.

It sounds like she is really interested which is great. It is good that you are talking and finding out more about each other. Remember this is a positive sign.

I am sure all we be fine. Just dont put any pressure on anything.

Just go meet her as soon as possible, whats the worst that can happen? You guys will hang out for a while and go your separate ways, and if she sees something that she doesn't like, so what? It's better to try than to not do anything at all. I have met at least 50 people from online, if not more, and nothing bad has ever happened. The worst thing was, I hung out with this girl all night, we laughed and had fun. Then later I called her and she wasn't interested anymore, ohh well! We still had fun that one time and I still remember it as if it were yesterday. After all of my years, I have seemingly a million stories to tell and many great memories from people who I've met online. One person is even one of my best friends now, and I even met a ton more cool people because of them. Go meet her, and if it doesn't work out, so what?? Go meet someone else! Don't live your life in fear, or you will regret it later. Better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all! (cliche alert) Best of luck!