+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Really Confused Need Some Advice

Really Confused Need Some Advice

I started working at my job late January. Just about 2 weeks later this girl started working there as well, and for me it was like love at first sight, and can't stop thinking about her till this day. I feel like there is some chemistry going on, but she's not giving me the chance to take her out.

We both work in 2 different departments, but interact everyday as she has paper work she has to bring to me. Just a little over a month now, she started getting a little touchy, like when she brings the documents for me, she'll keep touching my hand, rubbing it, or when shes leaving she'll touch my shoulders and so on. I kinda started touching her shoulders, arms once in a while to see how she would react and she was fine with it. One day she even asked me if I can come meet her when she was bringing the documents, so I figured she had a lot and needed help, but she was like she just wanted company and she touched my leg, and was like I'll still walk you back to your desk when she finish preparing all the documents.

She was sick for a week recently, and called me on my office line and was like I wanted to call or email you all week but didnt know if you'd want to hear from me. Now when she calls my desk, she calls me names like hun, babe, and so on, and when she leaves she almost always looks back as she know I'm looking at her and smiles at me. I gave her some flowers and a bear and chocolate for valentines day and she like jumped on me and gave me a huge hug and kiss on the cheek, seemed to really like it. BUT I just found out shes also 6 years older then me as shes 32 and I'm 26 which does not bother me at all, but she doesn't know my age yet.

But with all that I asked her out, I don't know if its cause I asked via email but this was her responce (i'm pasting the emails) : -

Me - Heyy what’s up?

I was wondering what you were up to by this weekend,
    if you’re free would you like to catch a movie or something.
    Let me know J

Her - I just got back from lunch. I have a meeting from 3:45-5 today.

Awww, thanks for the invite but I can’t this weekend. I have to study for an exam I have on Monday 2/23

Me - No problem, maybe when you finish your exams we could hang out if that’s cool with you. I remember those days of studying egh. Good luck on your test.

Her - Thanks for understanding J I’m sure my professors will swamp the class as the weeks go by L ONLY 17 MORE CREDITS TO GO (WOO-HOO!)

Me - It’s all worth it in the end when you get that degree I hope I didn’t like freak you out or anything asking to hang if so, I’ll def stop.

Her - I know just 17 credits away from my B.A. YIPEE!

No, you didn’t freak me out. I don’t see why two people can’t be cool when they work together

Technically she did not say yes, but she also did not say noo. Can someone pleaseee give me some advise I really like this girl and want to know what I should do.

First Things First....My name is Teresa I am 34 and my boyfriend is 24. We were friends for over a year before he finally convinced me to date him(we have now been dating 9 months). My fear of dating him was the age difference because I felt that he would find himself wishing that he had chosen someone closer to his own age and end up hurting me in the long run. That is just a little insight on how she may be thinking if she does have a problem with the age difference. It seems as though she is responding to your advances in a positive way. The only thing is the way she say's you can be cool together. She may be trying to let you know that if you were to hang out it does not mean it is a date. I have done that on many occasions. It is our way of not feeling any pressure ..just in case you turn out to be a nut case. If you really like her you should go into this prepared to hang out with a friend. Don't pressure her to feel uncomfortable by being to grabby and don't keep telling her how much you like her(she knows...trust me). Make sure to tell her at least once a day that she is/or looks beautiful.,and leave it at that. Anything more will make you appear creepy. When you get the chance to hang out with her is when you will have your answer to if there is a chance to become more. You seem pretty in tune,so it shouldn't be hard for you to know if she is pushing away or pulling in. Don't forget to keep your cool_no girl will stay interested in a guy who is silly obsest with her and is a "yes man". She will make a move to move forward passed friends if she is at all interested if you don't. Also this will even out the chase. Maybe try asking her if she would like some help studing for her exam. If she declines then wait until after Mon...ask her how she thinks her test went for her and at that time ask her when she is free to hang out with you. Find something fun to do..Bowling ,Comedy show, karoake ect. Laughter is key to feeling good and enjoying each other. I hope I helped.. Keep me posted. [email]Atownsgirl@when.com[/email]

It sounds to me like she likes you. But every woman is different. Is she only like this to you? Or do you notice her flirting w/ other guys at work?

Do you and your co workers ever go out and have drinks together? If so, invite her to join. This will get her out with you and in a different setting.

It sounds like she likes you, but is hesitant for some reason. Maybe she's afraid of getting her heartbroken?

Quote Originally Posted by lvguru View Post
    It sounds like she likes you, but is hesitant for some reason. Maybe she's afraid of getting her heartbroken?
    Ummmm ... maybe she is just busy with school and exams??? Why do we try so hard to find hidden meaning in what seems to be a direct answer to a direct question??? Ask her when her schoolwork is over, and offer to take her out to celebrate.

Carl.
    Last edited by carl1222; 07-03-09 at 01:44 PM.