+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long/many dates before it's a relationship?

It seems that many people don't understand what dating is. Like Cain said, I would assume they are dating others until I know otherwise.

When I date, I am taking applicants to determine whether they are a good candidate. Do not assume you have the job (relationship) just because I date you. In fact I may just date you even if there is not position currently available (I don't want a relationship now).

Also as Frasbee stated casual dating doesn't mean casual f***ing. IMO, further communication and understanding is needed if someone engages in promiscuity.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

I think the problem with casual dating is jealousy. Some people just can't handle the idea that they aren't the only ones the girl or guy is talking to. They lack the confidence to think that they will be chosen as the best of the bunch and it hurts their fragile egos when it doesn't happen.

I've gone through it. I don't care anymore. You'll stop caring too.
    I don't chase, I replace.

It sounds like you are dealing with personal issues, Cain. Thoughts like those are unhealthy and you may end up in unhealthy relationships until you deal with your demons.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    It sounds like you are dealing with personal issues, Cain. Thoughts like those are unhealthy and you may end up in unhealthy relationships until you deal with your demons.
    I think you're completely misinterpreting my post.

There are no demons or personal issues.

I'm saying that I got over having my ego crushed when some other guy was chosen over me in the dating world. And now I just don't care. If it happens, it happens. I've done the same thing to other girls and I'm sure it will happen again.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    I think you're completely misinterpreting my post.

There are no demons or personal issues.

I'm saying that I got over having my ego crushed when some other guy was chosen over me in the dating world. And now I just don't care. If it happens, it happens. I've done the same thing to other girls and I'm sure it will happen again.
    Yeah, I reread your post after posting mine. I misunderstood your post. I should have edited mine. Sorry, I got too excited hehe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12