+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Saddest video I think I have ever seen.

Saddest video I think I have ever seen.

I was watching music videos on you tube and this came up in the related videos and i clicked on it out of curiosity, kind of wish I hadn't.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE5yINOn4N4&feature=related"]YouTube - Bullied to death: They committed suicide because of bullying[/ame]

I have no idea how a parent could ever deal with something like this, and I am not even remotely close to being a parent. A sad and dark corner of human nature.
    Last edited by Cbrider; 15-03-09 at 04:02 PM.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

kids in the US are cruel to each other, i have never heard of one case in ireland of a kid comitting suicide due to bullying ever...whats the story? is it the parents bring kids up to be too competitive over there? then they bully the weaker kids? fcked up
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Kids in America tend to have fewer coping skills when it comes to bullies... When I went to school, quite a few of the kids would take what a bully said to heart... Often times the parents would tell them to ignore it, but not how to do that... or even offer an explanation as to why a bully would pick them out..

Then the schools tend to be particularly indifferent to the children it has... shove them into class, then shove them out the door at the end of the day. I remember being bullied in school and the teachers told me they didn't have time to deal with something so trivial. Needless to say, I was left to my own devices... so unlike these kids, I took all the bad feelings they put into me and took it out on the bullies themselves when I had enough. The school punished me for it... but I'd rather deal with that than a 24/7 bully.

School systems here in America are horribly indifferent to the children. There will always be bullies... it's the indifference that causes this --- an unregulated social structure in schools.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Lyrics to the Song:

Wanda's Song

Wanda was the one girl we claimed we never knew
    Lincoln High School's homely-coming queen
    She barely graduated with the class of '92
    Voted most unlikely to succeed

Rumor had it Wanda never knew who her daddy was
    At least that's what we spread all over town
    I guess we always thought that we were building ourselves up
    With the sticks and stones we threw to break her down

>>

All the years we thought it didn't matter
    Cuz we never saw her cry
    And Wanda never asked us

Chorus

Why, do you hurt me, and treat me like you do
    What have I ever done to, deserve this, from you
    Would you do the things you do
    If you were me and I were you

Looking back I see the pain that we put Wanda thru
    And just where all the fun and games were leading
    We didn't realize the damage sticks and stones would do
    Cuz it was deep inside Wanda was bleeding

>

The paper said her death was self-inflicted
    But was it suicide?
    Cuz the note she wrote said ...

Repeat Chorus

Bridge

For every action there's reaction
    Broken hearts don't just happen
    If you put yourself in their position
    There's no good answer to the question ...

>
    Repeat Chorus

Tag: Wanda was the one girl we claimed we never knew
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

are you saying that kids are spoilt by their parents and are therefore too soft? too emo? i think you're on to something there. i remember when i was growing up mom used to really annoy me coz she always took other people's side above mine, used to drive me crazy but i know now that she was pointing out to me that i'm not gonna get away with things just coz i was her daughter (even when i was right! she did this and still has a tendency today but thats mothers)

i was put into a boarding school when i was 10. i was the only one my age the rest of the girls boarding were 12 and above and it did me no harm to fend for myself against the older girls. people definitely need to toughen up with their kids for the kids well being, otherwise they are just gonna get walked over their entire lives and start thinking there is something wrong with them and voila the pharma industry gets a hold of them and there we have another drugged up human on the planet
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    are you saying that kids are spoilt by their parents and are therefore too soft? too emo? i think you're on to something there.
    Sometimes this is the case... other times, the parents just aren't there to offer much guidance...

I've had three friends commit suicide... one was over a girl, and two were from excessive bullying... The one that died over a girl was spoilt and neglected by his parents... The other two came from broken homes...

But yes, I've seen plenty of 'weak' children crying from mere words... crying in public... which just signals for the teachers to look the other way and for the bullies to size them up. In the end two monsters were created... the bully would be reinforced in their behaviors and the victim (if they survived) would become another bully or something much, much worse.

When I was in school the teachers thought nothing of it to let it be overheard I was going to counseling... so the whole school knew it... then the girls knew I was bi and absolutely hated me for it. If it weren't for my parents explaining how to cope with bullying and why they would single me out... I would've had a much harder time with it. They told me if I get beat up by a bully... then **** what the school policy is... take the punishment from school but beat that bully's ass first. Sometimes rules have to be broken for purposes of self-defense.

- James Allen

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    call me heartless, but that was a boring video.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I was good friends with a gun dealer in high school

Yeah i have to go with Eco's AND Aera's ideas... Both are at fault in my book.

Schools are too indifferent, and not just to bullying, to everything. Special Ed students, bullying, drug use... you name it. They just don't give a shit. And i think it's bull.

Then you got parents, who along with indifference you got just plain ignorance. You get these parents that think telling their kids to "ignore". And not explaining HOW to ignore it. Ignore a bully and they move from verbal abusive to physical. That's how they work... And the same goes for the parents OF bullies. Your NOT born with hate and intolerance, you were taught it. And a parents job is to shield them from that line of thinking, NOT ignore it or enforce it.

I was very fortunate in my early schooling to have a teacher that actually cared. And took notice in things like this. Because unfortunately, i used to BE a bully. I was bullied a lot, so intern became one. i still feel bad about some of the shit i said to people.

i look at it in a positive way though, because if i ever have kids i know they won't be bullies OR bullied, because that's my job as a parent, to pass on knowledge... with an occasional smack upside the head. =)

Sorry went on a bit of a rant =) Sad video.
    "We are all connected to each other biologically, to the earth chemically and to the rest of the universe atomically.
    That’s kinda cool! That makes me smile and I actually feel quite large at the end of that.
    It’s not that we are better than the universe, we are part of the universe. We are in the universe and the universe is in us."
    — Neil deGrasse Tyson

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ironically my friend showed me a video last night about teens in germany that beat up a fellow student of their. it was very graphic and they video taped everything. after seeing that, it doesn't compare to this video. let me see if i can get the link for everyone.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

If I had a kid who committed suicide over bullying I'd commit the next few months to finding, stalking and thrashing all of the kids who had a hand in it.

well maybe you should focus more on their parents? not that it's always the parents fault but tbh it mostly is

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The problem is that killing idiot assholes is illegal. I can remember I use to take shit in middle school and early high school... the thought of people treating me like that now is laughable

Kids are discouraged from fighting back, which is a serious problem. It leads to depression and a sense of helplessness. I think kids who are bullied should be encouraged to fight back

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    See, it makes absolutely ZERO sense to me how people can tolerate being PHYSICALLY bullied. If someone tries to physically harm you, you draw a gun and rip them apart. You have that right, and should enjoy shooting someone who thinks they can hurt you

you know what in a lot of ways i agree with that DM (except for the killing and shooting part jaysus!), it's about learning to survive not how to be walked all over and learn how to be weak. life will always involve humans wanting power over other humans and these are important lessons to learn when growing up. turn the other cheek doesn't always work unless you can make the other feel guilty about what they are doing
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 16-03-09 at 04:14 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast