+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Too picky or afraid of getting hurt?

Too picky or afraid of getting hurt?

Hey all. One of my closest friends is basically the entire package. She's intelligent, drop dead gorgeous, great sense of humor and a personality to boost. Out of our group of friends, all of our guy friends state she's perfect because she'll go mudding, fishing, hunting (we're from the south).

She's only been in 1 relationship her entire life (she was with him for a year, the break up was amicable). She's been single for 2 years now. On a daily basis, a lot of guys approach her, mind you these guys are all great fits for her, but she usually turns them down. She basically turns down guys left and right before even giving them a chance. My friends and I (even her at times) joke around saying she's too picky but I'm curious if she is just too picky or she's just afraid of getting hurt?

If she's one of your closest friends, why don't you just ask her????

Carl.

That's the thing, I do ask her all the time and she comes up with lame excuses. She says she hasn't met anyone or not to worry. She herself claims she's just picky but I really think there is more to it. With her, she is very closed guarded. She doesn't really tell anyone how she truly feels other than her best friend and knowing her best friend, her best friend wouldn't tell a soul.

are you hoping it is something emotional? that way you have more of a chance??
    "We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little bit of each other everywhere."

Oh no no no, I have a boyfriend. She's straight and she likes men. What I'm trying to figure out is if there is a slight chance she may not be over her ex.

Edit: Also, I guess I should finally tell the other reason as to why I'm interested. I am actually currently dating her ex. Mind you, they've been apart for 2 years. I've only been with him for a month and prior to even doing anything, I've asked her if she'd be okay with it which she said she didn't mind at all.
    Last edited by keej; 16-03-09 at 11:15 PM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You are only 18, and I assume she is about your age. What's the rush for her to have a boyfriend? In my opinion, one ex boyfriend is enough at that age.

I think you should MYOB.

the only way to find out is to ask her.

Yeah i'm going with the MYOB advice, she's your friend enjoy her company, stop bogging the days down with worry over something not worth worrying over. Your both young, you got plenty of time... Go get drunk or something.
    "We are all connected to each other biologically, to the earth chemically and to the rest of the universe atomically.
    That’s kinda cool! That makes me smile and I actually feel quite large at the end of that.
    It’s not that we are better than the universe, we are part of the universe. We are in the universe and the universe is in us."
    — Neil deGrasse Tyson

Hahaha... So you you're making sure that her ex wasn't the reason why she's like that because you doesn't want to become like her?

Tell her your dating her ex, then ask any advice.>
    [URL="http://www.attractiondominator.com/"]Attraction Dominator[/URL] - How A Clueless Guy Be Able Hot Attract Hotties... Get it [URL="http://www.attractiondominator.com/"]Here[/URL]<-----

do you feel guilty about being with her ex even if she said shes ok with it and for you to feel better about it you want her to find someone so she dont get to close to him again?