+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Stepped outside my comfort zone and

Stepped outside my comfort zone and

I liked it! There is this guy at my school, he works in the shop there. I always found him adorable and always wanted to talk. Hell I even bought a pen there once even though I had plenty :").

A week or 2 ago I went out with a friend of mine. He was there as well! I said to myself I was going to talk with him no matter what.

Before I did another girl talked to him, a friend of my friend, and the guy wasn't really interested in talking to her, looking everywhere, if someone would talk with him he would talk with them.

Now my friend and I weren't sure, but he said something about "my girlfriend has big breasts too". So I guess the girl sort of flaunted her chest *which was pretty big*. So I thought this was never going to work for me at all!

When she left I decided to go for it. It would even be nice if we could just be friends even if he had a girlfriend. What he said to this girl could be either true or to put her off.

Anyway, I decided to talk with him, grabbed my act together. Started to talk that I heard him talk about music and that I find him a person to play electric guitar and/ or bassguitar. He said he did both, and we ended up talking. I'm trying to play electric guitar and I told him. Said I had troubles with placing my hand as my fingers are so small. He said something about that I had good hands for it or something and showed me several times how to hold my hand. Yes, he touched my hand heh. We talked a good few, I think about half an hour or so not sure. Then his friend came to ask if he was going to smoke with him, he actually hesitated, and was like "ehm erhm, yeah, ehm ill be right there!". We still talked for a few when he finally left, telling me I should keep practicing.

Last week I went out with my brother and sisters. I was scouting to see if he was there, to try and have another conversation. Sadly when I had my act and plan together (go to toilet, "bump" into him when coming back) he left.I didn't see him anymore. My step this time was to see if I can find out if he really has a girlfriend or not. I'm not in love, I do think he's cute, but that's it. I'm not letting myself like him as in "fall in love" kinda like, just in case he does turn out to have a girlfriend.

I just wonder, was he interested in me at all. It's been ages since I stepped out of my comfort zone to talk with guys to begin with, so regardless of if he was I'm still proud .

I think what you did was great. If more girls were willing to overcome their inclination for coyness, it would take a big part of the playing field away from the true professionals (players).

Having said that ... I caution you about your feelings while his relationship status is in doubt. When you say "I'm not in love, I do think he's cute, but that's it." at the same time as saying "Yes, he touched my hand heh. ... I was scouting to see if he was there, to try and have another conversation. Sadly when I had my act and plan together (go to toilet, "bump" into him when coming back)" ... it does seem like a bit of a contradiction.

The idea that you are "not letting myself like him as in 'fall in love' kinda like" is not realistic unless you have superhuman control over your romantic emotions. You wouldn't be the first girl (or guy) to get bit on the a** by thinking you have that kind of control.

Carl.
    Last edited by carl1222; 17-03-09 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by carl1222 View Post
    I think what you did was great. If more girls were willing to overcome their inclination for coyness, it would take a big part of the playing field away from the true professionals (players).

Having said that ... I caution you about your feelings while his relationship status is in doubt. When you say "I'm not in love, I do think he's cute, but that's it." at the same time as saying "Yes, he touched my hand heh. ... I was scouting to see if he was there, to try and have another conversation. Sadly when I had my act and plan together (go to toilet, "bump" into him when coming back)" ... it does seem like a bit of a contradiction.

The idea that you are "not letting myself like him as in 'fall in love' kinda like" is not realistic unless you have superhuman control over your romantic emotions. You wouldn't be the first girl (or guy) to get bit on the a** by thinking you have that kind of control.

Carl.
    Thanks for your reply Carl. I know I have to be cautionous if I don't know if he has a girlfriend, but thank god I can really just shove my feelings aside if someone is really there. I think there's someone there at the moment, just to preserve myself from a let down. If he turns out not to have someone I'll take it a step further, get to know him better and such. For now it will just be a bit "global" so to say . Get to know how abit, who knows he's not even relationship material but perhaps just a good friend. I'd be happy with that as well to be honest! Would be a huge thing for me to "know" people I don't know at all. That didn't make much sense I guess :").

The touching hand part, well I was kinda surprised as I didn't expect to talk and be touchy at all! Well ofcourse it was to show me how to do it, but still, dunno. Perhaps that's due to me not having alot of touchiness with anyone, not even friends that it was a bit weird and "whieee" like .