+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Met somone on vacation

Met somone on vacation

So to tell my story i should probably share some of my recent past to help my situaion. I am a 25 year old male who hasnt been in a long term relationship for a couple of years. Being in the military i rarely find people that i would even consider spending time with. So i live alone and have been alone for a while now, but last week i went on vacation to vegas and something weird happened.

During last week i met a couple women, one of which i felt that i connected with. We spent about 2-3 days together and she was actually a person i could talk to in a manner to which i felt sharing myself to. Something about the way she would talk and the words she used and the things she enjoyed to talk about just connected with me. Normally i meet women and i dont even want to spend time with them let alone discuss deeper things with them. Maybe it was being on vacation in vegas that made things so easy to talk about who knows. Well after spending some time with her i found she had annoying habits such as smoking. Every women i find who smokes i normally cannot stand for this fact, normally its a deal breaker, but it did not really bother me that she smoked. I also came to find out that she is once divorced living with a child. She also happens to have a fiance. These things combined with the fact that we were on vacation leads me to not want to contact her because maybe i was just someone to spend time with while in vegas. So can someone shed some light on my situation..

Should i forget this woman and go back to my life or try to pursue this person from my trip in order to see where things could possibly go?

Magtech!!! SHE HAS A FIANCE!! What are you thinking?

What's done in Vegas, stays in Vegas.

Carl.

Eh.. she's not your type.. loaded with responsibilities... and full of complications...

The last thing you need is to worry about a woman who WILL cheat on you while you are away.

Cut her loose... she's not a catch and you know it...
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Crushing my hopes and dreams... No not really i know this but to keep me from second guessing myself it helps to hear it from others. It was just weird how i connected with her mentally unlike i have anyone in a long long time.

Quote Originally Posted by magtech View Post
    Crushing my hopes and dreams... No not really i know this but to keep me from second guessing myself it helps to hear it from others. It was just weird how i connected with her mentally unlike i have anyone in a long long time.

Oh I know the feeling... I've connected with a few along the way... and you think they are such a great person... they make you feel amazing... then you realize their easy going personality is developed from a coping strategy for all the stresses they introduce into their lives... It's sad, but not much you can do for such people...
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen