+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I still doodle swastikas all over my papers!

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

I still doodle swastikas all over my papers!

Some of the old members remember my old avatar which was a variant of the swastika I created myself.

I've always found the shape to be mesmerizing going back to when I was barely able to write, my brother caught me drawing swastikas all over a paper and told me that I shouldn't draw them because they're "bad" symbol. What did I know? I saw them in the Indiana Jones movies.

So I'm prepping for this interview today when I grabbed my note pad and noticed I had drawn a little swastika up at the top, probably when I was thinking or talking on the phone. And because I have a tendency to draw them pretty often when I'm distracted, I looked through the notepad to scribble out anymore I may have drawn. Way too many, especially considering it's something another person may see. I stop myself sometimes, and the result is I have a bunch of "+'s" all over the corner of a paper.

In fact during one interview, while I was flipping through another note pad looking for questions I had written, (while the woman was watching me flip) I opened up to a page riddled with them.

YIKES!

I don't have a problem with interviews but after I passed that page, my hand started shaking and I started stuttering because that's not exactly something you want to show a potential equal opportunity employer!

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I used to draw penises. Hundreds of them. Big ones, small ones. Some urinating. Some with arms and legs. I was like that kid from Superbad.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Fras, have you ever seen any Anasazi ruins?
    Spammer Spanker

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Fras, have you ever seen any Anasazi ruins?
    What's that?

And Grib: Guys at work still draw big penises all over the port o potties. That may be something people never grow out of. I never really did it, myself.

Ancient New Mexico civilization. They had swastikas. The Nazis co-opted them.
    Spammer Spanker

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's possible to find swastikas on virtually every continent that ever held any civilization, long before Nazi germany.

And for those that didn't already know, there isn't a "right" or "wrong" swastika. Swastikas spinning clockwise and counterclockwise have been around since the symbols conception, so the nazis/hitler did not "invent" the "bad" one.

However people that still use the symbol for religious purposes have compromised by abandoning the clockwise swastika (the same direction the Nazi swastika "spins"), for the one that goes in a counter clockwise direction.

Neo-nazis is definitely a social group that I would discriminate with a grin on my face.

Swasticas are mysterious! I have seen them several times when I close my eyes. Especially when shrooming, you close your eyes and there is a spinning swastica caleidoscope with thousand swasticas, inside each other, creating a pattern.
    Don't expect anything.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    Swasticas are mysterious! I have seen them several times when I close my eyes. Especially when shrooming, you close your eyes and there is a spinning swastica caleidoscope with thousand swasticas, inside each other, creating a pattern.
    Is that what you been doin' all this time??

No.

Don't expect anything.

Is your name Phil by any chance? In high school I had a friend who was obsessed with swastikas.. If that's you, I'm going to laugh so hard!

I don't understand racism at all, and right now I'm about a half hour away from Auschwitz. I never understood how anybody can discriminate against someone for how they were born. It's something that you don't get to choose. To me it's like kicking a cat because you're angry that it wasn't born a dog. I'm not saying that you are any of those things, and I know that the nazis stole the symbol from some ancient civilization or something so.. yeah.. either way, I'd rather draw hearts... yes, I'm lame that way.. although I used to draw pentagrams for the fun of it, even though I was raised a Catholic and still am, it was just a nervous tick or something.. Like nail biting or smoking cigarettes, 2 more things that I don't do anymore. I am free!
    Last edited by Anomaly; 19-03-09 at 11:07 PM.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Nope, my name is not Phil.

But I am originally from Philly.
    Last edited by Junket; 19-03-09 at 11:28 PM.

i draw way too many smiley faces and hearts all over my paper. haha.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Apparently my uncle use to draw swastikas in the closet of his house when he was a kid. Then he became a surgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    I used to draw penises. Hundreds of them. Big ones, small ones. Some urinating. Some with arms and legs. I was like that kid from Superbad.
    LOL. When I was reading I was like I've heard that somewhere before. Then Isaw "Superbad" and I was like OH YEA! lol. Great movie btw.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast