+ Follow This Topic

Thread: when is the right time to call her?

when is the right time to call her?

Hey,

I would like some advice on the following issue.

I met this girl who is a friend of a friend (girl) of mine. We talked for around half a hour and sensed there was great chemistry.

I didn't want to miss the opportunity to get her number, so I told her: "my friends told me that if I'm not able to get your number they won't let me in the room tonight", I can't believe I told her that, usually I don't use this way, but seemed quite funny after thinking about it.

Anyway, she gave me her number and said 'I hope they will let you in tonight".

So, the question is, when do I call her. I met her last Tuesday and preferred to wait until next week, so I won't look to hurry up/desperate.

What's your take on this?

I got another question, but I don't want to open a whole new topic, so I will post it here.

I don't have a driving license and I'm trying to find an other solution. Of course, I can take the train or bus, but it just seem a little weird to me.

What do you think?

Call her soon. You've passed the "desperate" stage if there is one, and are probably moving into the she's-wondering-why-you-haven't-called-her stage. Call her early this week and ask her out for next weekend.

Also, how old are you? And what country do you live in? If you live in the US, or somewhere else where it's not insanely expensive to get a license, GET A LICENSE. It's a good skill to have and it can be really inconvenient for other people if you always have to depend on them for rides. That said, if you live somewhere where it's normal to not have a car, I don't think there's anything the least bit weird about taking public transportation.

Got it.

Well, we are both 20, serving in the army (IDF).

Transportation is free of charge for soldiers. If I had some more time I would go for a driving license, but I guess I will have to wait 4 months, until my duty is done.

I don't know why you think that telling her about getting locked out of the room was "using her." You don't really think she believed that you were getting locked out, do you? It was a brilliant and natural flirt.

As to when to call her: Yesterday. Although you probably shouldn't call tonight because it's Saturday night, I'd call her tomorrow, early evening.

Don't worry about seeming desperate. You asked for her number, and she gave it with the expectation you would be using it. Do you really think by waiting, she believes that you are SOOOO busy that you couldn't fit her in during the week? She already knows you are interested unless you collect random phone numbers as a hobby. BTW, you already know she is interested unless she's running a home business at that number.

I have to laugh ... you go to all the effort to try to attract her and then pretend you are indifferent ... for what? So she won't try to take advantage of you? Just remember, you played games first so don't be surprised if she plays them back a little.

When I get a girl's number I always ask "when would be a good time to call you?" Then (if the time is OK) I call her when promised. Rather than making me look desperate, it makes me look thoughtful and dependable. If she wants to test that, then she's not the girl for me anyway. I don't know about you, but if she's the kind of girl who likes to toy with guys who show interest, I would rather find that out before wasting my time and money on a date.

Carl.