+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Was he flirting with me?

Was he flirting with me?

Well,I met this guy 3 months back,and he's really cute!Uh,
    I got his cellphone number.from a friend of mine,and sent him a message asking to go out and have some coffee.That time(2 weeks back) he said that he was busy and that he couldn't go out to have coffee.
    Well,this Tuesday noon,I was surprised to see a message from him asking me what I've been doin(I've been studying for the exams),and if I wanted to go out.I said yes,and I got out of home and came to meet him at the games club.He asked where we should go and I suggested him to go to the café.
    There,we talked about many stuff and even remembered the times before and after we meet,that I was always looking at him and didn't bother to disguise,whi9ch I answered that he did the same exact thing at the prom.ANd he said something like"You're the one who started the "war",and I just backfired".
    I got to know him a bit better,and he seemed more open this time.
    During the conversation,after he asked me if a friend of mine(which he knew back from school,he's 21 and I'm 18) and any boyfriend,because of the religion,and I said the religion didn't prevent her from dating,but only going further than that before wedding.I noticed that he seemed kind of,I don't know,afraid?to say "sex".This because after he said,that,nowadays almost none respects that,and he asked my opinion about it,and that moment I wasn't "tuned" on what he was saying and asked him "My opinion about what?",which he said "About,about what you said before".Or perhaps I was with the wrong impression.He also asked with "that" smile if I had too many boyfriends
    Anyways,after a nice afternoon I had to go home and I told him when he wanted to go out to just call me.
    Next day,same time,he sent me a message asking this "Do you want company for studying?"
    Now the most important part of this:he has a girlfriend, but I never asked him about it.Is his girlfriend not mine.And he's making the "moves",I was just quiet in my corner.
    What do yall think of this?

Girl dont play with his fire! Its fine if you want to be friends-but hes got a girlfriend. Theres nothing there to pursue other than a friendship until or if becomes single again.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

He wants sex. End of story. If he has agirlfriend, he obviously isn't looking for a "relatoinship". He's looking to get laid.

Rod Steele

Humm...probably your right,but I didn't give him any sign that I was "available" for that,nor did he mentioned or did anything that could give me the impression that he wanted to have sex with me
    Tough,If he thinks I'm gonna give him more than I can,he's SOOO wrong.

He's not gonna give off that impression until he receives it from you. He's testing the waters. Flirting little by little, more and more until either you put a stop to it or you show that you ARE willing to fool around with him. Then he reacts accordingly. That way he can be 'safe'. He can just say that it was 'harmless flirting' because he never actually said he wants to have sex with you. Or if you want to have sex with him, then he goes with it. Basically he's trying to get YOU to initiate the stuff. But he's not gonna back down until YOU do.

Rod Steele

Wow this situation sounds all to familiar to me. Although i didn't find out about the gf till 4 mths into fooling around... Yeah, long story, ended very bad.

I would recommend being really careful on this one. Its okay to flirt, but don't do anything with him till he's one less a gf.

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

He wants to have his cake and eat it too. If he does anything or makes any advances towards you just stop him and say, "Don't you have a girlfriend?"

It's important that you treat this guy how you would want your boyfriend's female friends to treat him. If it'd make you uncomfortable then don't do it to some other girl. Try and put yourself in her position. I don't know if I'd even be this guy's friend. If he does dump this girl and comes after you, what's gonna happen when he gets bored with you and makes another female friend? It just doesn't seem worth it to me.
    ...Taste The Rainbow

i would serguest not getting involved. in the end it could all end up badly and messy. u don't want that. if in the end the flirting becomes to bad then just say stop slirting with me i know u have a girlfriend. and then just walk away or someting

So,since the last time,I sent him a message asking if he wanted to go out,which he answered if I wanted to have a memorable end of afternoon we could go out.
    After that I immediately had sure what he wanted.So,we exchanged some sms(he asking me what I could and couldn't do with him).I told him that I wouldn't do anything with him that I had to do with sex,but I didn't mind if he wanted to make out.He asked when I could and at which time.
    I have to admit I had inner conflit,because I didn't feel very comfortable that I was going to make out(or so I thought) with him,with him having a girlfriend.
    So today,he sent me a message to go meet him,and so I did.Once I arrived at the games clung,I went to talk to him and we stood there playing in the game machines a couple of minutes.
    Then we went to his car and he drove us to a more quiet place(a little isolated,but not much,since a few people passed by).And all I can say is nothing absolutely happene(which I'm glad).We talked for about half an hour.He said he sent me those messages to test me,because he got the impression from the week before where we went out to have some coffee,that if he asked we could "fool around".
    I honestly don't think I didn't give any hint of that.What I think is that he thought I wouldn't mind to have something with him,because when he asked before if I had any boyfriends,I said a few.And he thought that with a few I was trying to say a lot of boyfriends.
    Anyways,he told me that he knew that I knew he had a girlfriend,but still I didn't mind to get involved,until a certain level with him.
    He said he knew what I'd think of when he sent me the message and that that if my answer to his "indirect" proposal was yes,he would refuse.Was telling the truth or not?I dunno.I hope he was.
    He said that we still could have something(yeah,right!),but not right now,and just let the things as they are.
    We talked about other common stuff.I asked him his opinion about me and he said I was cool,but the first time we met he had another impression of me,because I didn't even throw a smile at him,nor did I look at him when we were talking.
    So the noon finished by him saying that we could still go out,have some coffee go to the games club,etc.
    What's your opinion about all this?Thanks in advance!^_^

I would drop him like a bag of crap. If he is so flakey with you whats to say if you guys start going out he wont be doing this with another girl? I would rather date someone with a kid than sneek behind another persons back. He is lying when he says that he is fine just making out. I promise you that you will regret not breaking it off with him.
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.