+ Follow This Topic

Thread: when to tell a girl is flirting?

when to tell a girl is flirting?

exactly what title says.

like tonight i had a girl get same color plate as me(like 7 colors) and same color napkin and be like "LOOK I GOT THE SAME COLOR AS YOU". shell also ask for my opinion on everything. or am i bein dumb?

catchin em eyein you?

what are some general ques?

same colored plates are a dead giveaway.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Yeah dude she wants your junk! Go for it!

MisterFlapJack Guest
    I don't think she really meant to flirt. She was just probably being friendly. But it's a good sign if a girl is interested in what you have to say

Come on, flapjack ... that was a flirt!

Carl.

Aside to rateyes ... what an awful user name. I hope you don't use it anywhere but here.
    Last edited by carl1222; 29-03-09 at 09:43 AM.

Argh.. the eternal "was that a sign?" discussion.

Imma break something to ya here. SIGNS ARE IRRELEVANT. ;-) Yes, I know, I know, this is shocking, but... read on, there's more where this one came from:

SIGNS COME AFTERWARDS!!! Namely, when you man up and escalate. That is if you like her. If you do, lead the interaction into the desired outcome (what this is for you, I don't know, could be sex, or something strictly romatic).

Think about it this way (I don't mean to insult anybody here, especially women, but): surprisingly many women are lame as fu...k. They'd rather be dead than show explicit interest in a guy. You will have realised a lot of them have self-esteem issues, daddy issues, period issues, my-cat-died-today issues, etc. Also, some of the most attractive ones have next to no social skills as everything in life was handed to them on a silver platter based on their looks alone. So even if they DO like a guy, they are absolutely clueless about how to make it happen.

Which is why on this board you see so many threads titled:

"How to read his signs?"
    "What does it mean?"
    "How to tell if he is interested?"

So, what you have to etch on your brain is that...

women rely on you to escalate the interaction. If they were to show interest in you and you didn't return the favour, that would be a tragedy. All their social circle would know, and they'd NEVER EVER recover from that... ;-)

At least this is how they think about it. For them rejection is 1000 times worse than for a guy.

So, the lesson is:

Do not wait for "signs", do what YOU want to do, escalate, and then, paradoxically, you WILL get said "signs"... AFTERWARDS ;-)

Your first couple of attempts might be uncalibrated but you will have learnt in the process and in time you will become what they call a "real man", i.e. a guy who unapologetically goes after what he wants. Then they will go an extra mile to get a chance with you. Good luck!

she's after you. you should go for the shot.