+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opposite sex friends.

Opposite sex friends.

Ever had a friend who's friends were primarily composed of the opposite sex? Enough time I've noticed this with friends who were not super close to the parent of the opposite sex. What do you guys think about this? I usually notice this with female friends who have LOTS of close male friends though I do see it happen to male friends.

I'd say about 99% of my friends are male... just one of those things... *shrugs*
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pectabyte View Post
    Ever had a friend who's friends were primarily composed of the opposite sex?
    You mean they are genetic chimeras?

No. The friends of my friends tend to be either male or female, not "primarly composed of the opposite sex". That is just weird.

English not your first language, Pect?

Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have three male friends. They've been my friends since we were in the first grade together. Beyond them I don't tend to befriend males. I guess I look at them as opponents or something. Dunno. I'm cold and indifferent at best, hostile at worst around other guys. All my other friends tend to be female.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    You mean they are genetic chimeras?

No. The friends of my friends tend to be either male or female, not "primarly composed of the opposite sex". That is just weird.

English not your first language, Pect?

No actually I only speak English. I'll admit my spelling and grammar need work but I speak it better than most people I meet. Perhaps you are from the south? I apologize if I speak above you. Its a habit I have that tends to put people off initially.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't believe you. Who's does not = whose. My son in elementary school knows the difference.

Also wrong again about South. I am not American, I'll always be above you. I speak proper English, sweet.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I don't believe you. Who's does not = whose. My son in elementary school knows the difference.

Also wrong again about South. I am not American, I'll always be above you. I speak proper English, sweet.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The other reason I know I'm right is that it takes *ages* for Pect to come back with anything, much less something intelligent. Sign of poor language ability.

Not like you, Dopple-love. You're quick.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Eh... Poor Doppel.. makes him sound like a minute man..

I'm not sure if I would take all that has a compliment...

Seriously.. since when are women happy about a man being quick?

(couldn't resist playing devil's advocate...)
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Not Dopple. He is immune to my newspaper.

We need a new pool boy, besides.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I've only just begun

Quote Originally Posted by Pectabyte View Post
    No actually I only speak English. I'll admit my spelling and grammar need work but I speak it better than most people I meet. Perhaps you are from the south? I apologize if I speak above you. Its a habit I have that tends to put people off initially.
    Hahah. Grammar is kind of essential when it comes to speaking well - not just writing.

Anyway, I had a lot of guy friends in high school, and a few in college, but since then I've basically joined the "men and women can't be friends" camp unless one of them is gay. My flatmate, for example, is a gay guy and is my best friend over here, but other than that, if there's nothing that attracts me to a guy sexually/romantically (even if it's subconscious) I don't tend to be interested in befriending him. Might sound shallow but it's the way it is. I'm probably not friends with many girls I wouldn't be attracted to were I a lesbian, either.

Edit: That's not to say I don't try to be friends with guys [I'm slightly/extremely] attracted to, I just don't know if that's a real friendship.
    Last edited by lovesjoyajm; 25-03-09 at 04:10 PM.

Ï tend to hang around with females, probably like a 70-30 split or something by now, basically I just find them to be more fun to talk to (I hate gossip and girly talk though, screw those kinds of girls) and while hanging out with guys is something that is plenty of fun as well the common ones around uni tend to be tards, lazy or simply not my kind of fun.

Probably helps that I rarely get any attraction urges whatsoever, so I treat 'em all as friends and aint attracted to any of them even if they look good.

The other reason I know I'm right is that it takes *ages* for Pect to come back with anything, much less something intelligent. Sign of poor language ability.

Not like you, Dopple-love. You're quick.
    Oh sorry for the slow reply. See I have a life outside the house. Remember what that was like, kiddo?

You know I think this is getting a little out of hand with you. I obviously hit a nerve with something in your past like abuse. Having been abused isn't your fault however if you don't like what I post let me formally invite you to not post.

Lol i think i have, maybe, 3 or 4 close male friends. But that's probably because i look at ever chick i meet as possible "sleep over" material. Plus, women make the best wing men (not PC i know). Other guys suck at it, because they always have the chance to turn into opposition. Not chicks though (well not most of em anyway).
    "We are all connected to each other biologically, to the earth chemically and to the rest of the universe atomically.
    That’s kinda cool! That makes me smile and I actually feel quite large at the end of that.
    It’s not that we are better than the universe, we are part of the universe. We are in the universe and the universe is in us."
    — Neil deGrasse Tyson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast