+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I know I'm crazy.. 2000 miles away!

I know I'm crazy.. 2000 miles away!

well, we've only met online.. keep chatting for a long time.. had really good conversations going on.. have similar ideas ...I really like her.. we've exchanged a few gifts. its now almost 6 months.

now, the Questions is, should I ask her out. She is still single.
    BUT she is 2000 miles away
    I could make the trip once.. but not sure if this is going to help either of us.
    but it bothers me so much, if I am passing on something that might be good.

Please give your views on this.

What's it going to do? You've never met. How often could you meet her? How old are the both of you?

Distance relationships don't usually work. And if they do work, it's usually because the two people had an established relationship before the distance happened.
    I don't chase, I replace.

we're both in late 20's.
    shoot.. feel helpless.. why should I have come across her !

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ask her out?

Ask her out where?

To do what?

If you've never met, I'd hold off on asking her to be in a relationship with you. Sure, you've got a connection.. but that connection is online. It's NEVER the same in person. You really won't know how you feel, chemistry wise, with this person until you meet face to face.. you can see her quirks, her personality, etc.

Where do you see this relationship going if you do meet up? Realistically, like the above said, long distance relationships don't work unless you have a foundation from close proximity first.

Fras, why did you take out the Collection of Doomed Internet Relationships thread?
    Spammer Spanker

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I didn't.

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/love-advice-forum/25301-collection-doomed-internet-relationships.html[/url]

I went through this as a teenager, those long distance ones never worked out, it's more heartache than anything. Unless you can live close to each other just keep chatting. If you have the means to go out and see her, go do it. If you don't then you can't have a romantic relationship with her. If you can, go see her, some of my best friends now are people who I met in person after meeting them online years ago... But we all live close.. Unless you can physically be with eachother, remain just friends until you can. Because if you decide to go down that path of a long distance relationship, then you are both just lying to yourselves, and you will develop stupid complexes later in life. Let it go, and you will both be much happier. If you can go see her... go... why the hell not?

note to self: another reason why I'm messed up emotionally in close relationships now.. trying long distance nonsense..

Hey G-- Here's an age-old strategy that ALWAYS works... I wish *I* would have done it more...... But do this-- "Friends first." You can never go wrong. If it's nothing more than friendship, you have a friendship. If it's more, you won't mess it up by trying to be intense too soon. Believe me, it works. I know through much pain.