+ Follow This Topic

Thread: i need her back

i need her back

ok so i dated this girl for about a year and a half, and we were definately in love. we broke up about a year ago and became friends, and neiter one of us had a real relationship since. about a week ago she started dating this guy, and i made me realize that i had been a fool for not being with her. I confessed everything to her, and pretty much asked her to dump him for me. she said she would consider it, and is real confused as to what to do. she is leaning towards staying with him, but i cannot have this happen. i need a way to get her back. any help?

If you have money, buy a ring and ask her to marry you.

thought of that...wont work with her

You've done your part now it's up to her, nothing more you can do but respect what she chooses.

i have to see her every day and i dont think i can handle it

Why do you have to see her every day?

we work together and the guy she just started seeing works in another part of the building...and i cant afford to quit

You need to prepare yourself for her saying no and choosing the other guy over you, that's the best thing you can do right now.

Why did you break up in the first place anyway?

we didnt spend enough time together because we both had two jobs, and so we decided to be friends...biggest mistake of my life, i should never have let her go...i should have told her my feelings before she got involved with someone

How long were you broken up for, before she got involved with someone else?

You sat with your thumb up your a** for a whole year, and now that she has finally moved on and has a chance to be with someone who wants to be more than just a friend, you all of a sudden discover that you love her?

So your solution is to put an H-bomb under her new relationship, and she seems to still have enough feelings for you left that she might go along with it. I don't think there is anything you can do but sit back and hope she is dumb enough to take you back. If she chooses him over you, then the only decent thing is to stay the hell out of her new relationship. You had your shot and blew it long ago.

Carl.
    Last edited by carl1222; 02-04-09 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carl1222 View Post
    You sat with your thumb up your a** for a whole year, and now that she has finally moved on and has a chance to be with someone who wants to be more than just a friend, you all of a sudden discover that you love her?

So your solution is to put an H-bomb under her new relationship, and she seems to still have enough feelings for you left that she might go along with it. I don't think there is anything you can do but sit back and hope she is dumb enough to take you back. If she chooses him over you, then the only decent thing is to stay the hell out of her new relationship. You had your shot and blew it long ago.

Carl.
    This. Seriously, this.

It shouldn't have taken a YEAR and her finding someone new to make you realize your feelings for her. If you were really interested in her, you would have pursued her during that time-- you didn't. My guess is that you're jealous she's found someone new and you're losing out on her being a potential option/fall back for you in the future.. not that you have some deep feelings for you and need her back all of the sudden.

Hey, by chance did your parents divorce when you were little and did your mom then get remarried to someone else?

Sounds like she's testing you if you ask me. She probably wants to see if your words as worth as much as your actions. She doesn't want to ruin what's going on in her life.... Without knowing for sure that you're reliable in it all. I think you should show her that you're true in the sense that you love her always as a friend no matter what... She'll then see that you actually love her. Cuz you would have loved her forever as a friend anyway... although you might have had to commit suicide.

I don't have any advice for you. I wish she was on this forum--I'd certainly have some words of guidance for her....