+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm in love with a guy I met over the internet

I'm in love with a guy I met over the internet

Ok well it feels like it. But i've never been in love before, i'm 18 and i've never had a real boyfriend. I've just been played along by so may douchebags and im sick of it

I met this guy on a website called faceparty and he emailed me asking me for my MSN. I gave him it and we've been chatting since sometime in january. We speak virtually everyday. We also have each others phone numbers and we text and call each other. We can be on the phone for hours and even when its silent its not awkward its just cute

I do know its defiantly him by the way! We both have webcam and we have spoken while being on webcam at the same time (lol that was so funny) ..Anyways I haven't actually met him yet but i'm hopefully gonna! He won't be able to walk for a while as he had a leg operation on broken ligament on monday.

Got any advise? (He lives 30 minutes away from me ..Hes gonna be 20 in august and im 18 in July so theres liek 2 years between us.)
    Anyways the thing is I really don't know what to do because my mum won't accept him. She's asked me about him and everything but when she finds out his religion she will go potty! ..Hes white but a converted Muslim. I myself am Christian (along with my dad) but my mum comes from a Sikh background.

I've never felt this way about a guy before. But I could never choose a guy over my mum. So what do I do about the religion thing? He would never unconvert. People are saying to relax and that it's not getting married but my mum would still be funny. I dont know how to tell my mum he is muslim..and I think I would have to tell him because he has a strong asian accent!

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    30 minutes away?

I was almost going to stamp this with "No Chance".

Why don't you get meet him?

Asian accent doesn't scream Islamic. Don't tell your mother. Try to meet. A meeting doesn't mean you're going to date. Cross that bridge when you get to it.

I am gonna meet him..but im well scared hes not gonna like me! ..and also I would feel bad for seeing him behind her back when I know its not someone she would approve of ..and I just know she would know he was muslim! shes smart like that ..and she would ask me about it and im a bad liar

I was gonna join Faceparty... but I have to be invited by a current member.

Lame.
    I don't chase, I replace.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Relationships based on lies are doomed to fail. Relationships based on online interactions likewise don't typically work out.

I think this online guy is keeping something from you if he hasn't already made an effort to meet you. You aren't that far away from each other geographically speaking. And for the record - even little old ladies who have a hip or knee replacement are expected to get out of bed and walk 2 days after surgery. Unless this guy is in traction for some unknown reason (which I doubt very much), I don't see why he couldn't be ambulatory with crutches.

It sounds like you have more to worry about than his religion.

he has asked me to meet up before but i dont wanna untill these two giant spots go and the dark circles round my eyes lighten up.. soudns silly but its me thats said no

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    At 18 you don't need anyone's permission on who you date.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    At 18 you don't need anyone's permission on who you date.
    Exactly what I was thinking. I wish I could meet someone online.. would sure make it easier for me. Faceparty-- I don't know if I'm the only one thinks that sounds completely like innuendo! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHah

I say meet the guy after you turn 18 since it seems that wont happen until July. Once you've met the guy then if you decide you want to date him sit down with your mom and talk to her about it. She may not like it and if she doesn't offer to have him come to dinner so she can meet him and get to know him as him and not as his chosen religion. In the end your mom will still love you weather you date him or not. Maybe hiding the fact that your meeting him until it's done is the best way. At this point you don't know if you really like him or not so don't fret so much over it. Your very young and if this is the guy for you it'll happen if not then you got time.

Quote Originally Posted by stbmrs View Post
    I say meet the guy after you turn 18 since it seems that wont happen until July. Once you've met the guy then if you decide you want to date him sit down with your mom and talk to her about it.
    I COMPLETELY DISAGREE! I wouldn't discuss it with my mom at all! It's not her decision! What is a person to do, wait until they're 70 years old to make a decision without a parent! Come on!

P.S. All of this speculation is making this sound more and more like a post for a 12 year old. No offense to anyone. But she hasn't even ever met the guy IRL yet! This is a little ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by GemStar View Post
    I COMPLETELY DISAGREE! I wouldn't discuss it with my mom at all! It's not her decision! What is a person to do, wait until they're 70 years old to make a decision without a parent! Come on!

P.S. All of this speculation is making this sound more and more like a post for a 12 year old. No offense to anyone. But she hasn't even ever met the guy IRL yet! This is a little ridiculous!
    No it's not her mom's decision but having your parents approve of your choice makes life much easier in general.

And to add she is only 17 turns 18 in July so she is still a minor. Keeping thing's from your parents at this age isn't all that good.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    A lot of you young kids like to think you are all grown up when you turn 18, but that isn't really the case unless you are paying your own way in life with no assistance. So long as your parents are contributing to your livlihood, they retain some power, although the amount they choose to exercise varies.

All this "OMG!! r u an adult r not?" sounds ridiculous. People who want to be treated like adults don't keep secrets about who they are dating. To act as an adult is to be willing to accept the consequences of unpopular decisions.
    Last edited by vashti; 08-04-09 at 06:20 AM.