+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Classes?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Classes?

Any of you guys figuring out what classes you plan on taking next semester? I have to sign up in the next 2 weeks

I already know 2 classes I'm taking for sure: Honors physical chemistry and a differential equations class

Organic chemistry lab if there isn't a conflict in my schedule, which there always is

I'm also thinking about taking microbiology, and manifolds and differential forms. And maybe a female sexuality studies class

A friend of mine is considering taking a class in Egyptian hieroglyphics just for fun

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    And maybe a female sexuality studies class.

Myself I'm dropping my workload from 100 to 75% for the next semester, did 100 for this one and its a pain alongside a part-time job and the pace we're going at.

So Construction Methods, Environmental Building Systems and an Architectural Design Studio with the theme being water.

Was going to do a subject called "God and the Natural Sciences" out of interest, but will be chucking that one to my last semester instead and might change my mind about it by then.

This semester I am squeezing 2 semesters in one.

I took 12 credit hours in half a semester, already finished that. Now I am at a German University, and I will take 15 credit hours here, and be finished in July. Don't know what classes I will take until I take my Einstufungstests this week. I have been studying like crazy for them.

In the Fall I am taking upper level anth classes, upper level earth science, teaching a high school class to see if I want to go into education, and several history classes. I am taking a break from German and Art in the fall.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Doppel what German school? A lot of pimps have come from University of Gottingen

I am at the school where Karl Marx earned his doctorate... also where a famous Bauhaus is.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Management accounting and a shitload of human resources based coursework.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

I'll be taking Comp I, Spanish I, Astronomy I, and College Algebra next quarter. Starting a new school has made me need to take a few extra GECs. Those four will bring me to 18 credit hours.
    I don't chase, I replace.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I was thinking of a raku pottery class...
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post

Myself I'm dropping my workload from 100 to 75% for the next semester, did 100 for this one and its a pain alongside a part-time job and the pace we're going at.

So Construction Methods, Environmental Building Systems and an Architectural Design Studio with the theme being water.

Was going to do a subject called "God and the Natural Sciences" out of interest, but will be chucking that one to my last semester instead and might change my mind about it by then.
    I hope for the sake of those who ever work on your projects, that you've done some real construction work.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I hope for the sake of those who ever work on your projects, that you've done some real construction work.
    You've convinced me!

Oh wait...

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    You've convinced me!

Oh wait...
    I'm serious.

If you ever get into construction engineering, you'll see quickly how whatever you design on paper doesn't always correlate well (if at all), in the real world.

The better engineers have worked in the field and see how things come together.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Its good advice, Lipp. Friend of mine (mech eng) did two summers working for a road construction company. Now he's a big shot at Boeing. I got to hear all about 'cold patch', etc.

Mostly tho, I remember him learning about managing people, as he was put in charge of a small project. He learned to drink a lot of beer and swear.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I'm serious.

If you ever get into construction engineering, you'll see quickly how whatever you design on paper doesn't always correlate well (if at all), in the real world.

The better engineers have worked in the field and see how things come together.

My Dad is a construction superintendant, and nothing grinds his gears more than some young guy with a bunch of book learning who's never set foot on a jobsite, trying to tell him how to build something.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ... isn't it even more important to understand civil engineering? As in a lot of physics and math classes?

We're already bridging the studies with structural engineering and construction, but if we'd also have to "do the real thing" for each of those we'd spend 10 years studying and working to cover all ends.

Understanding the principles and having a foundation for it all to make sure its doable in the designs is one thing, being expected to cover all ends to the extent of those who actually do engineering and construction is not viable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast