+ Follow This Topic

Thread: New Marriage Problems

New Marriage Problems

Please help. I am newly married to my wife Jayne and I said something stupid on the weeknd and now she will not have anything to do with me. I am utterly heartbroken. We have recently come back from our honeymoon and Jayne has not yet moved into my house. I had a terrible week at work last wek and was very stressed. Friends and Jayne were coming over for a dinner party on Saturday night. I hadn't heard heard from my wife for three days prior and was feeling unhappy. She texted me on Friday saying "what time will I come over on Saturday?" I replied, stupidly, "come over but it will be the last time" When she came over to the dinner party, she had no intention of staying and went to leave when the other guests left. I said we need to talk and said "can I talk tomorrow?" "She said tomorrow is a yucky day". I saw red and said that I don't want to be your partner anymore. "She said you're dumping me?" and strormed out.

I don't know what came over me. I didn't mean it. We've just come back from a honeymoon and had a great time. Our communication has been strained at times as we both dissociate a bit. Our love has never been in question. It was stupid of me to say what I did, I can only figure I said it as to get a reaction, to get Jayne to move in quickly. Now she won't talk to me at all. I have sent her flowers and if I ring she slams the phone down immediately. She has somewhat of a history of not coming around if someone offends her, she hasn't spoken to most of her family in years. I am really scared that she will not come back, I love her and am utterly heartbroken. I am really sorry for what I said.

Are you guys sure you got married? You don't live with each other, she asks to come over and she doesn't talk to you for three days? Sounds very odd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewau2005 View Post
    I don't know what came over me.
    I don't understand why you guys married.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewau2005 View Post
    I didn't mean it. We've just come back from a honeymoon and had a great time. Our communication has been strained at times as we both dissociate a bit. Our love has never been in question. It was stupid of me to say what I did, I can only figure I said it as to get a reaction, to get Jayne to move in quickly. Now she won't talk to me at all. I have sent her flowers and if I ring she slams the phone down immediately. She has somewhat of a history of not coming around if someone offends her, she hasn't spoken to most of her family in years. I am really scared that she will not come back, I love her and am utterly heartbroken. I am really sorry for what I said.
    Tell HER that you love her and stop this drama crap.

What a messed up relationship. It was doomed before it started.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

I agree with the above. This relationship sounds toxic.. you claim it's "strained communication," but seriously? You're fueling the drama and the issue. You yourself have even claimed that you said what originally caused the issue as a way to manipulate her to move in faster.

What sort of relationship is that?

I'm not even going to touch on the moving in together thing.. that's just odd.

I am going to ask what you originally said to her to cause this sort of reaction though. We can't gvie you advice on how to rectify the situation if you don't explain how you got yourself in the situation.

One of you gets to be the volatile asshole in this relationship and one of you has to be the peacemaker. I'm pretty sure she thought she had the whole volatile asshole thing in the bag, and then you jumped in and tried to steal her jet-fueled thunder.

What the hell were you thinking? And WHY hadn't she moved in already?
    Spammer Spanker

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    One of you gets to be the volatile asshole in this relationship and one of you has to be the peacemaker. I'm pretty sure she thought she had the whole volatile asshole thing in the bag, and then you jumped in and tried to steal her jet-fueled thunder.
    LOL, in other words: this is pretty normal but try to keep a lid on it.

Just say sorry and move on. If you are really concerned, bring up the communication problem in a *calm* moment.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Go here this is amazing real-wishes.com follow the directions!!!