+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She says she can't trust herself.

She says she can't trust herself.

The young lady I have been seeing off and on for the past 4 months says she has a hard time trusting herself or how she feels about someone (me) since her devorce from cheeting husband 2 years ago..
    We have crazy chimestry and get along very well. she says somethings i do (get a little jealous) remind her of her ex. I mean who doesn't get a little jealous sometimes. She is very much a social butterfly and loves to talk to everyone. I don't think she is aware when men are being nice or just plan old hitting on her.
    She gets made when i am a few minutes late? we have broken up a few times but can't seem to move on from one another or work things out. Anybody have some insight?

Maybe she has to many issues?

You've given her no reason to think you're going to treat her any better than her ex. Being jealous is ridiculous and immature and being late is straight up disrespectful.
    Spammer Spanker

Hey gigabitch,
    You sure thats not bitterbitch. Such anger toward men...

As soon as I read "we've already broken up a few times.." it became pretty clear this wasn't going to work out.

It sounds like she needs to get some serious help for her trust issues.. most people who have been cheated on/divorced need to work on rebuilding their trust in men. From the sound of things, she hasn't done that and she's punishing you for it.

Is that to say you being jealous/late isn't part of the problem? Not at all. Jealousy really isn't attractive unless you're a teenage couple looking for proof of feelings.. and I, personally, don't like waiting around on someone who had a specific time to be there. [A few minute or not, you're minimizing the issue.]

Try this: break up. Stop communication. Stop seeing each other. There.. I bet you won't have any problem letting go then.

Quote Originally Posted by street View Post
    Hey gigabitch,
    You sure thats not bitterbitch. Such anger toward men...
    No, you're reading me wrong. I have anger towards flaky, disrespectful, immature fools of either gender. You don't get to stand there with all the men in the world backing you up. You're on your own, buddy.
    Spammer Spanker

If she can't trust herself,dude,you should trie as much as possible to trust her.I mean TRUST her.That may change her perception tro her self

she can't trust herself to do (or not do) what? is it herself she doesn't trust or you?

i disagree with some of the people who have posted below wrt your having broken up and gotten back together. sometimes people do that just because they don't want to be alone. but sometimes, it's a sign that two people really care about each other and that they want to work through whatever issues pull them apart. you just need to use better communication to work through those issues instead of continuing to break up and get back together without ever working through what the problems are.

good luck!