+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Lesbian Ex

Lesbian Ex

So, it's been a little over 5 months since my girlfriend broke up with me. We had dated for 2.5 years and I honestly thought she would be the girl I would marry (young and naive, I know...). She was my world and we were each other's firsts when it came to everything.

In the last 3 months of our relationship or so she started mentioning that she wanted to know what it was like to be with another girl, which obviously made me a bit uneasy. She started talking about it more and more until the day she ultimately left me for some butch chick (seriously, she looks more manly than most men). Suffice to say, I was entirely destroyed for about the last 4 months or so (I'm good now... ish).

Anyway, she had been keeping up with how I was doing through mutual friends. A few months ago I started to suggest that I was getting over her, and when that eventually got back to her, she started to contact me again, via text or calling me. I ignored everything she sent me because I was still in the extremely pissed off stage of getting over her... and in fact still am.

She kept sending more and more texts and calling more often until I finally snapped and answered one of her calls. I had intended to say "Leave me alone", but me being who I am, ended up talking to her for about 3 hours (this was about 2 or so months ago). I can safely say that that was a terrible mistake in that it ripped my heart apart once more and it took another two weeks or so to get back to where I was emotionally.

Since then, she's continued to contact me, through texts asking small questions, granted it's only been about 4 texts over a 2 month period. At this point, I'm "scared" of her because I know that if I talk to her, I'll hurt myself again. What I ask: Why the hell is she doing this? She knows she absolutely wrecked me and for some reason has been asking mutual friends about how I'm doing A LOT. What gives? Also... what do I do?!

P.S. I have no intentions of getting back with her, I honestly can't forgive her for putting me through the worst half year of my life.

So tell her that. Tell her that you don't want to talk to her and you don't even see friendship with her possible given how the relationship went down.

Why is she doing this? It could be for a number of reasons. She misses you. She was hoping you'd be a fallback. She doesn't want you to get over her/move on. She's just a bitch. Etc.

But does it matter?

No.

You know where you stand, so let her know.

Quote Originally Posted by alovehangoverr View Post
    You know where you stand, so let her know.
    ...or don't. Really up to you. You don't have to respond to her if you don't want to.

I'd recommend cutting all ties... less chance of getting caught up in emotional turmoil again. Consider it 'self-preservation' of the heart.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Yeah, I've basically quarantined her ever since, removing her from absolutely any contact list I have, facebook, all that crap...