+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Would like to build friendship with ex g/f

Would like to build friendship with ex g/f

A bit of a back ground on us;

I had a brief relationship with a woman for 3 months , we are both in our 30's. We went on holiday and for some reason the buzz/spark did not develope between us, something changed, maybe holiday was too soon. Anyway after getting back it didnt change and we spoke about it and agreed that we cant put our fingers on it but the spark is not there and best to finish things rather than dragging it out. We both said that is was a shame as we do get on, enjoy the friendship & interests etc, its just one of those things . Anyway at least we didnt develope deep feelings for each other so we left on equal terms.

We havent been in contact with each other now for a month ( i believe you need a period of NC) and i would like to keep in touch and maybe build on the friendship at least explore it anyway , sometimes you dont work as a relationship, however friendship a different story and i am thinking of contacting her with something along these lines; Your thoughts please

"Hello, hope you are well ? i dont normally do this, however whilst in the end we may not have felt the flame ignite between us, i thought why not say hello, as i did enjoy knowing you and got to know someone with good qualities and a zest for life and i enjoyed the friendship we started and would like to keep in touch and enjoy what this brings.Who knows, while we may not have rocked together, maybe we can be good as friends, thats life, unpredictable & you just never know, so what do you think, nothing to lose ".

I think it's fine to have a friendship as long as there was no spark of chemistry for EITHER of you.

But if there was a spark for one of you, it's a horrendously bad idea.

Carl.

Dude, no matter how often you post this or how many different screen names you use, the answer will still be the same. Attraction precludes friendship. That is all.
    Spammer Spanker

well even one has a different view and for some it works and some it doesnt at the end of the day there is only one way to find out by asking her and worst anwswer will be no. With a previous ex of mine years ago, we get on fine however there are others i wouldnt go near to. As for how many time posting this, i have posted here and under the females view to see from their way.

Dude, if you have the slightest bit of feelings for her, don't do it. You'll just torture yourself...

Think about it this way. If you both were to go to a party, and she started snogging a guy in front of you, would that be cool for you? If the answer is yes, go for it...if not, run for the hills!!