+ Follow This Topic

Thread: am i on track?

am i on track?

My girlfriend and I had a mutual break up last weekend. I realized after, actually later that day how wrong that was. I called her on the verge of crying like a baby and she said the break up did end too quick and easy and said she wished she could be there to give me a hug. I made the mistake of calling her the next day, sobbing and telling her breaking up was a mistake and I really needed her and she wisely asked if I wasn't just missing the comfort of being with her and the change. I saw her at the gym a couple days later and we just talked casual - not about our relationship. A couple days later I emailed her that I had forgotten to give her a receipt for something and would like to drop it off to her - works at the gym. She had some clothes of mine and no doubt seeing I probably looked upset taking it asked if I needed a hug and we kissed too. I gave her a letter in which I expressed my mistakes and that I wanted to try again but also wanted her to do what made her happy. I also gave her a CD with a love song on it. The reason for our breakup was I was becoming negative and insecure and as I found out, it was because I was living in fear, not love. I told her, having realized that and with some counseling from a friend that does counsel couples, I was in a better mental state and the time apart really helped me learn this. I gave her the letter 3 days ago and have heard nothing. I know she had a busy weekend and I didn't call and leaving the ball in her court. Am I on track?

The ball is really in her court.. you've told her how you feel, now it's time for her to make a decision.

I'd give her a few more days to think about things.. and if she hasn't contacted you, give her a call.

thanks for your advice