+ Follow This Topic

Thread: "I don't want to overanalyze this..." ?

"I don't want to overanalyze this..." ?

I hadn't said anything analytical about our relationship when he said this about a week into it. So what made him say this? He also had said he wants to just take it as it comes. Maybe he was just talking out loud to himself?

And yet upon my mentioning months later that when we first slow danced I felt like I was "home"... he responded that he had felt the same thing too.
    Last edited by lovemuffin; 15-04-09 at 05:09 AM.

Sounds like he's potentially not that interested, or at least not interested in being serious.

"Let's not overanalyze this," and "just take it as it comes," are classic lines that translate into "slow down/don't take this too seriously/etc."

I finally asked him what me meant and what he was afraid of that made him say it. He said "You know.... fear of rejection... fear of making the same mistakes in past situations"...

Very different response from what I was expecting. I wonder if he was bullshitting me.

I don't think "let's not overanalyze this" means "slow down." Rather, I see it as "I really don't want to mess this up." Most likely he's had bad experience in the past.

To be sure, watch what he does, not what he says. And taking his advice, enjoy the relationship as it happens - it's a great way to go.

This is great

This is great! Now I want to see your ways for us readers to become more involved! Expect an email later today.
    [url=http://www.comegames.com]wow gold[/url]

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Okay, this is your second thread wondering if this guy is 'bullshitting' you. Maybe YOU are overanalyzing things too much? Something about him that makes him untrustworthy to you? Or do you just have a past that you are allowing to affect your current relationship?

Just take it as it comes. He may just be wanting to make sure you don't jump into anything too fast and therefore screw it up. Maybe he just wants to do it right.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi