+ Follow This Topic

Thread: "i love you"

"i love you"

So, my girlfriend said "bye, love you!" on the phone tonight, and i responded "you too, see ya monday." her best friend texted me and said wait u dont think this is too early? i do
    so heres the story
    seventh grade - thirteen
    we've known each other the entire school year, and had a crush on each other the entire school year. so we've liked eachother for a year now. we've been boyfriend and girlfriend for two months, and we just went on our first official "date" last night.
    too early (in terms or age or length of dating)? if i really love her back is it ok this "early"?

edit: i forgot a little bit, since i was in a hurry last night.

the day before she said "love you!" on the phone, her best friend was sleeping over and they were messing around. so she calls:
    "Hey"
    "Sup?"
    "<BestFriend> dared me to call you and say I love you."
    "And I dare <BestFriend to call <Nerd> and say I love you!"
    "Haha, bye."
    "See ya."

The night before that conversation we went to the movies after two months of "being together" with our two best friends because we wanted to hang out and try to make our two best friends like each other haha. but when we sat down we made sure to have our two best friends sit together. Eventually. my gf was saying "if you dont stop talking ill come over there!" and her friend would say "jeez just go over next to him you know you love him" and then we were watching the movie and texting our friend at the same time when my friend says stop that i want to watch the movie and her friend says no you see they love each other -.-
    Last edited by 5812707; 19-04-09 at 08:25 PM.

Personaly I think the phone "luv ya" wasnt very serious, but the text from her friend seems to indicate that she rushed to phone her friend and tell her "He said he loved me!". Seems like she was testing you.

If today was your first date, then t's probably a bit too early, but in the end, it's all in how you actually feel about her and how she feels about you.

You know, you're going to love a lot of people in your life. You're 13, so try to understand that the relationship is likely not going to last all that long, have fun with it while you can, and then move on when it ends.

It's not what you want to hear, and not what you're going to believe will happen, but it will, and you'll get over it, and find someone new and better and...

So, just go with it and not worry about it. It isn't like saying I love you means you're going to marry them.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

When you have this conversation without her friend in the middle of it, you can take it a lot more seriously.
    Spammer Spanker