+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I need some help clearing my thoughts

I need some help clearing my thoughts

I'm a 16 year old male, and have been in a relationship for over a year now. We never fight, and she is one of the nicest people I've ever met. Up until about a month ago I've been happier than ever.

So what happened exactly? I'm wondering that myself...

At first I was just getting annoyed at her,, for no reason. I'd have to keep taking a step back and wonder "Why am I doing this?". We always tell each other "I love you",, but I'm not even sure what that means anymore. She still treats me like gold,, so why am i upset?

Not going to lie, she is pretty attached to me. To be honest that may be what scares me the most about if I want to end it. She always tells me how much she loves me and how she wants this to last forever.. And its almost as though i feel obligated to agree! I mean,, its been almost a year of me saying how amazing she is and how much i love her.. So its not like I can just take it all back. I'm in a deep enough hole as it is.. But I just feel like I'm dragging myself deeper.

What makes things worse is how much she worries. She told me.. Just today, that she worries and worries all the time about losing me,, saying I'm the best guy for her...

I almost feel like an ass saying all this.. She is so sensitive,, and I never wanted to hurt her... And whats worse is even if I did break up with her.. I don't know if I'd be able to say why! Nothing has changed since the start.. So why now am i feeling this way?

Have I just lost interest in her? I mean.. I am new to relationships.. And I am young,, but I feel like thats the most painful excuse out of something,, there has to be more to it.

I feel like I'm just ranting now,, I should probably stop..
    I didn't come here for someone to tell me what I should do
    I came here to carry on a discussion with someone, so I can gather my thoughts on this whole thing. All i ask is that you don't discriminate for my age. I really do feel like this is a lot more than your average everyday high school relationship,, But if I don't do this right.. I could really hurt someone.. whether it be her or myself.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Everyone has their heart broken. She will be upset for a while, but she will eventually move on.

As for you - you are simply outgrowing this relationship. It is to be expected at your age. Try not to feel too bad about it - just be kind when you break up with her.

You have a responsibility to be gentle and kind, not to stay with her forever. This is too much pressure.
    Spammer Spanker

She also needs to learn the hard way that nothing is certain to last forever and that the person she dates in high school very likely will not be the person she marries.
    I don't chase, I replace.

It's a turn off for most people who keep saying "You're going to leave me, I can feel it."

Also, you guys should be enjoying the moment and not getting too hung up on the future.

First love is (usually) lost. And it's kind of better that way, better to learn from your mistakes.

And honestly, no matter what the age, having someone attached to you at the hip and acting needy as if they can't live without you is never attractive. I'm sure you still love this girl, and I'm sure you still would if she wasn't acting needy.

Be nice, try to explain where your coming from. It may be something you can work through.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

Thank you for your replys. I feel a lot better about this now.
    I think I'm just going to tell her I want to take a break for a while.

Maybe through that time we'll both change, and know whats best for us.