+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confidence issues

Confidence issues

I have major self esteem issues.

I have definite ideas what I want from a partner, but when I find a partner that meets my ideals I find myself thinking that I'm not good/smart enough for them and the relationship inevitably ends.

I always thought I'd be in a better job and be married/have kids by now like most of my friends. I am ashamed to tell people what I do for a living.

I end up having one night stands a lot.

I've been on a few boards before but I end up leaving as I've met up with a few of the females and slept with them, after that it's posted all over the board and I feel I have no choice to leave.

Does anyone know how I can turn my life around or is it too late?

Yes. Start by addressing the behaviors that are right in front of you and are easy, then build up to the harder stuff. For instance, stop whoring yourself. It's not helping, is it?

Tell yourself this is the Year of the New IanReynolds and give yourself an entire year to give yourself all of your undivided attention. Pick three things that you can change in a month and write them down. Read them every morning and make a real effort do change them.

So your job sucks. How bad is it? Are you a janitor in a retirement home? Are you the night fry guy at McDonalds?
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by IanReynolds View Post
    I have definite ideas what I want from a partner, but when I find a partner that meets my ideals I find myself thinking that I'm not good/smart enough for them and the relationship inevitably ends.
    What you like about yourself and/or believe what you have to offer may or may not be what your partner finds in you. Don't be self-centered in that regard. You shouldn't set the expectation that someone will love you for the same reasons you love you.

I always thought I'd be in a better job and be married/have kids by now like most of my friends. I am ashamed to tell people what I do for a living.
    Honest work is good work even if it's menial. However, if you are unhappy with your job then it's in your power to make the changes necessary. If you don't take the steps to make it better then you'll always carry those negative feelings.

I end up having one night stands a lot.
    Stop. You're emotionally complicating your life for yourself and for others.

I've been on a few boards before but I end up leaving as I've met up with a few of the females and slept with them, after that it's posted all over the board and I feel I have no choice to leave.
    Same answer as above.

Does anyone know how I can turn my life around or is it too late?
    It's never too late.

I agree. It's never too late

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i want more details, age, picture, job.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

you can change the way you're life will be headint to...

It's not yet too late...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you want to improve your life, you need to set goals, and then you have to break that goal down into little steps by which to measure your progress. Make a concrete plan for attaining each little step (or goal).

I think a lot of people get overwhelmed by the size of the large goal, and forget to break it up into smaller, attainable parts.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, you don't need to worry about this here. LF isn't a dating board.

I think the only thing that's bad about your job is that you don't enjoy it.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Is there anything about yourself that you LIKE? Cultivate THAT. The rest will follow naturally.
    Speak less. Say more.

If you like something about yourself start by looking in the mirror and say your name then what you like about yourself, and this inturn should build up your self esteem.
    This may sound stupid, but it works and most men have problems with their confidence.