+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this an "I wish..." or is an emotional brush off?

Is this an "I wish..." or is an emotional brush off?

Okay, I've been trying to figure out this for awhile. I'm seeing a guy who lives 8 hours away, and we talk 3-4 times a week on the phone. I'll be seeing him this weekend for the first time in about a month.

Anyway, last week, during one of our phone conversations, he said (regarding a note I'd sent him--and oh yeah, my guy is from Brazil) "I showed my friend the note you wrote and told him, 'my girlfriend writes Portuguese better than I do.'" I was so stunned to hear him refer to me as "my girlfriend" that I didn't respond or react to it in enough time, and when I finally got my head screwed on straight again, the conversation was passed it. Not like I know what I would have said, or should have said about it anyway. I'm still trying to decide if I should treat the whole "my girlfriend" comment as something, or let it slide...I mean, does that even count?

And onto last night's conversation: We were talking about seeing each other this weekend, and he said, "I think you like me," and I said, "I like you a whole lot" and then he sighed heavily and said, "Why you didn't come into my life two years ago? I'd move to Maryland (where I live) if it weren't for my kids."

So...was that last one a legitimate "I want to be with you more, but I've got to think about my children" or was that more along the lines of "Okay, here it is, we like each other, but it's never going to be something and this is why." I'm so totally into this guy, and I'm so totally bad at interpretting any of this stuff! So, I welcome any wisdom and theories! Thank you!

Anna

I think it was legit...but im a girl too...lol

sounds like he's interested but only 1 way to find out

Are you stuck in Maryland?
    Spammer Spanker

Yeah he likes you and thinks of you as his girlfriend but so what? He has infants (under 2) at home who will (and should) come first.

Is he married? Is he in a relationship with his babymama???

Carl.