+ Follow This Topic

Thread: confused and heartbroken...

confused and heartbroken...

Hi. I'm a 17 year-old guy, living in Jersey. My name's Charlie, and I have quite a predicament on my hands.

See, there's this girl I go to school with, and I like her a lot. About a week ago, she sent me a message on facebook, telling me she liked me. I told her I liked her too, although at the time I didn't feel anything like how I feel now. I thought she was pretty and fun, but I didn't have any serious feelings for her. A day or so after I got that message, we decided to spend lunchtime together, and in the course of things, we made out on the staircase, trying to avoid teachers and whatnot. The second day, we did the same thing, except this time, it was much more intimate, much more physical. It wasn't just physical though, we talked too, tried to get to know each other, shared things, that stuff.

Now here's where things get a bit sticky. I felt some kind of distance with her after that second day. She didn't smile at me when I looked over at her in class anymore. The day after, I asked her how she felt about me and us.

This is why I'm here. I need to know what all this meant, because frankly, I have no clue...

She said that she was confused. That she wasn't sure how she felt. She told me that she had sent me that message late into her menstrual cycle, and that she was 'horny'. Now that would have been enough to tell me she wasn't interested in a real relationship, but then she threw me off. She said that she needed time to think, and whenever I reached over for the door, she'd put her hand on the door, trying to stop me from leaving. I don't know what women go through hormonally with menstruation, but I'm just really confused, and I don't know what to do.

I just feel so heartbroken. She said that she really liked me, that she felt differently for me, and then she just brought it all down on my head. I feel used and devastated. I can't stop thinking about her, even though I feel so hurt by all this. There's just something about her personality, the way she smiles, her voice, I just can't let go. Can someone help me make some sense of all this?

She's playing with you because she's young and enjoys the power. I think she's being irresponsible. It might hurt, but you have to think about cutting her off if she can't stop jerking you around or you are going to become her little bitch.
    Spammer Spanker

When I was younger, things like this used to confuse the hell out of me. Most of the time, the best thing to do, is just make it clear that you won't tolerate being toyed with. If she is confused, and needs space, give it to her. If afterward she comes crawling back, make sure things are different. Life is too short to deal with bullshit.
    there are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I've had moments of mass insanity during certain periods. When you can't stop thinking about some guy, or your hormones are to the point of complete meltdown. The truth is, women 'can be' emotionally unstable at any time of the month, but that doesn't affect their personality. It just intensifies it.

Maybe she just regrets being as forward as she was? Who the hell knows, it doesn't really make sense to me what she was thinking. Give her some space. But be aware of her flaky nature. It's hard to trust someone like that.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin