+ Follow This Topic

Thread: "Just Friends"?

"Just Friends"?

Ok, first I have to explain what happened between this girl and I. We were going out, everything was going great. We get along great, have lots in common, and seemed to like each other a whole lot. But she broke it up with me. No big deal, I mean I can get over that. Her reason a bit flawed, she said that it seemed I liked her more then she liked me. That I cared more about her happiness then mine. She said she just wanted to be friends. I said I don't know, it would take a while for us to become just friends. I mean months, she seemed to agree and we moved on. I was getting over it day by day. But then a week later she called me and wanted to do something. I thought, "Gee, she must have changed her mind." I mean logic would ensue she was interested again. This didn't seem to be the case and I got mad afterwards for her leading me on. I called her the next day and we were fine again. Doing the "just friends" thing now.
    But now she keeps giving me those looks that she used to give me when she wanted affection. She forces me into situations where I have to touch her. Tells me things like, "You are a great guy." "There needs to be more of you out there." "You are sweet" things like that. And this is what got me the most, we were having a conversation, I over stepped one of her boundries. I didn't know it was there since when we were going out I didn't want to find out. And she got a little mad. I told her my friends make fun of me like that all the time. She said, "Well I would never do that to you." I said, "Well I mean it is no big deal, I didn't mean anything by it. Like I said my friends say it to me all the time, it doesn't hurt my feelings." She said, "My friends do it to me too, but it doesn't bother me." I said, "What is the big deal then? We are just friends aren't we?" Then she said, "I don't need this right now <my name>, and that's not fair, let's just drop it."
    So needless to say I am very confused as what to do. I don't know what to think about the situation. Is she just confused? Is she just messing with me? Am I looking too deep into it?

Thanks in advanced.

Well she is one messed up girl let me tell you. My guess is, maybe she didn't want to engage in a really serious relationship for fear of messing up. Maybe she's really insecure. Maybe she thinks that she doesn't deserve all the attention. Heck knows what's going on in her little head right now. Blame magazines, 21st century, or Freud - women are getting mixed messages all over the place.

In my opinion, she got scared of the responsibility that comes with realising that someone loves her so much they're basically willing to give up and do anything for her. Maybe she's just looking out for you and is worried that it's not good that you love her more than yourself. (You really do? Wow, she's missing out.)

Give it a little time, keep hanging out with her because it seems to me that she wants to get back together but is not sure of what to do (because she cares for you so much).
    I have it all. Including kino.

How long have you dated? It seems to me you get less emotional or attracted to her and she's not ready to be involved with some "like-long-time-married" relationship.
    She wants just more emotions and attention from you.

What do you mean? One of the reasons she said she broke up with me is because I cared more about her then she me. Wich would mean that I gave her more attention and affection then she gave me. She had to start it sure, but I made sure it was all about her. And it scared her that I liked her so much. Kind of a B-S answer if you ask me. But dunno. And we only went out for a month. All of my friends say to stay away from her. That she is not worth hte trouble. But I don't like things handed to me, because it's boring when things just fall in your lap.

UPDATE: She gave me a necklace today. I don't think it means anything. But I am still confused.