+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this girl toying with me?

Is this girl toying with me?

OK, there's this girl who lives with my a good friend of mine. When I came to visit, we'd always have good bit of chat but even though she's astonishingly pretty I wasn't particularly interested. Then as soon as I broke up with my previous girlfriend, she started flirting with me and coming on really strong. I started to grow very fond of her and we slept together a couple of times, but then suddenly she insisted we just stay friends, just as I was starting to like her a lot and was hoping for a relationship. This was in september/october time.

We did stay friends, probably mainly because I'm so close to her flatmate so was always around her house. She still seems to look up to me a lot and occasionally expresses that. Recently she started messaging me just to have a chat, and I bumped into her in a pub we both frequent on monday and she started saying that she had some sort of revalation that there's some meaning behind us meeting, and how she thinks it isn't coincidence that I keep popping up in her life. (we always seem to bump into each other on nights out, around town, and around uni) Had a very intimate chat where she was saying how glad she is to have met me and that she hopes to stay in touch after university, and how sorry she is for hurting me before. Then spent most of the night having a great conversation about dreams and mysticism, and my interest in her was revived.

But then her flatmates tell me she is chasing after my friend Alex, and I was out with her and her flatmates last night and she suddenly seemed cold towards me, and even left the club to go to a different one where my friend Alex was at without even saying bye to me.

What the hell is going on in her head? (p.s. i realise after this that she's most likely bad news, but I'm curious...I don't understand her)

I think she's just bad news. You're probably interested in her because you can't figure her out. You could always express to her that you're interested, but if she's acting as flaky as she is, it'd most likely scare her away.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin