+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My exboyfriend wants space

My exboyfriend wants space

I broke up with my boyfriend because he had a friendship with a girl who was intent on breaking us up. I found this out after I had discovered I was pregnant and had an abortion. I thought he would support me through that difficult time but he continued to talk to her and hang out with her so I ended it. It is not something I wanted to do, but I wanted to get through to him that I wasn't going to take it. I talked with him later and told him this and that I do want to be with him and I do want it to work. He told me he does too, but its going to take time and that he needs his space. I just want to know, when has too long been too much time and space. I want to be with him more than anything, but I also don't want to be waiting forever.

Tug is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    I hate to say this buhfly but your boyfriends a loser. He found out you were pregnant and could care less about you or his baby. He couldnt step up to the plate and take care of his responsibilities and now that you terminated the pregnancy he wants to be part of your life but still enjoy the time he spends with other women. Kick him to the curb, you deserve better than that.

You did the right thing, and it sucks that he's not being there for you. I would look up local support groups for what you're going through. They exist, people will listen to you and help you with the parts you struggle with.

But, you did what was right and he made the decision he had to. It sucks that he isn't the man you thought he was, but consider this a bullet dodged.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."