+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What you put up with at work...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

What you put up with at work...

Last week, I had a drug-seeking 450 lb pt who has a history of trying to get the nurses to put moisturizer way up her vagina because it is suppposedly dry, and she can't reach.

This week, I had a little old man who kept groping me. Every time I would assess his heart, I would have to hear the following (which was kind of funny the first day I had him, but by the fourth day was quite annoying):

"Can you hear what my heart is saying? It loves you".
    "I know a better medicine for my condition..."
    "My blood pressure will go down if you sit and hold my hand"

When the doctor ordered him to ambulate in the hallway, he told the doctor (while winking at me) that he needed a companion, which of course, the doctor ordered. (I ended up having my assistant do it.)

I loved the former "professional athlete" junkie that followed me up and down the hall begging for more dilaudid, dragging his IV pole behind him with his ass hanging out the back of his gown.

So what sorts of outrageous things are you exposed to at work?

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    my nurse friend at cedars told me that she has witnessed many african american people telling her and others that they would complain to Obama about how they get treated at the hospital Now Cedars is a top of the line hospital, it is the one that I use and for anyone to make that statement about not getting treated well, they must really be on something. but still it just shows how much having a president of color affects the mentality of people.

in my case, i only put up with screaming defense attorneys who usually calm down after a while cuz I don't scream back or get irritated on the phone. I usually start laughing at them, and when asked if I am laughing at them, just tell them that it's not worth stressing over a nominal amount of money.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

When I was designing a website for a school last summer I had to put up with all the bitchy teachers who were huge technophobes. All I was doing was setting up the webserver, designing a layout, and then make an easy to use interface so that the school didn't have to hire someone to shift the 0s and 1s for them, but rather so that teachers and other school staff could simply edit as if they were using MS word or typing a message into a forum.

For some jackass reason, I had to work directly with the teachers and go to them and ask them what they wanted from the website. They didn't have a specific criteria of things they wanted... and they were really bitchy about it and they asked me things like "Can you *please* make it so I don't have to type anything?" I mean, wtf, am I supposed to just make it appear on there with magic or something?

I believe that I knew more about computers and networks and stuff than the school's tech staff did.

I would never go into that stuff as a profession. It is very nerve-racking and they people you work with never understand or appreciate a damn thing you do. Never.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    People at work at usually pretty good, but there's the occasional lunatic that likes to come in and make excessive demands and then get uber-pissed when I don't give them what they want.

It's usually people that have bounced four cheques that months and are well aware of it. They get pissed off and swear that the money was there and that they didn't know what happened to it. Like we took it or something. Lord.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

You did, you took it all you greedy bastards!

I never write cheques. I avoid that shit completely because I don't need to be charged extra.

My boss likes to blame me for things she did.
    Spammer Spanker

I just found out the other day that one of the guys that works at my summer job was fired. He got caught uploading videos of him and his wife to RedClouds.
    You're my chorus, my refrain
    The verse of my first pain

Things had been a lot better for me since I shit stired last month at work. I've been treated with a lot more respect which made a difference.

Though, I still haven't gotten any closer to getting my job description.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

A lot of what I put up with is people not wanting to do their job, so they try to make me do it for them.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Stupid 25 year old drug addicts whose greatest aspirations are to be admitted to a nursing home where they can have someone push dilaudid in them every two hours. Repulsive! (Why do doctors prescribe drugs for these people, anyway?)

I just quit my job due to an idiotic boss who:

-Mismanaged every project and treated me like her little assistant (even though we were both directors)
    -Heaped on projects with unrealistic deadlines and little direction as to what she wanted
    -Did nothing to hire freelance help (which I obviously needed and was promised during my interview)
    -Hassled me about taking a sick day and leaving the office for *gasp* a doctor's appointment

That last one was the last straw. I'm definitely not one of those workplace martyrs who comes in sick (and infects everyone else in the process). Recession or not, it wasn't worth it to me to stick around. I have an interview on Monday for a better-sounding job.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hope it goes well for you, Starbuck!

Not necessarily work, but roommates.

We are supposed to take turns cleaning everything, but with a few exceptions; we clean up after ourselves (for example, wash your own dishes) This week it was my turn to take out the trash. One of my bitchy roommates told me to do that... and as soon as I was finished I came back inside to cook myself supper, and I noticed that all of a sudden it was my turn to clean the kitchen. ****ing assholes.

And I wanted to bake some food and found out the same bitch left me a little present in the oven - some burnt pieces of bread and cheese from the pizza that she cooked. I had to clean the oven pan for the stupid bitch so I could cook.

She told me to buy some goddamn toiletpaper since she did it last time... well since she left me a nice little present in the oven, she can wipe her ass with her hand. I am going to buy *myself* toilet paper.

I work at a daycare and the other day I found one of the children trying to strangle another child. For no reason.

Oh and we have a biter.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    At work paralegals run car crash matters. It's great practice for when I get admitted. I actually do all my own court appearances, you just have to get up and ask the Court's leave at the beginning.

Anyway, I have this mentally unstable client who is always ringing me up and going into long tirades about the injustice of the Australian court system. And then, when she gets going, she usually turns on me and says if I lose her case she's going to sue me! Sue me for what, bitch? Now I just put the phone down.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast