+ Follow This Topic

Thread: the first move

the first move

i have been out of the dating pool for 2 years i have dated a few girls here an there but none that i clicked with recently started dating a girl an we have alot of common intrest an other stuff that we like as well heres my question how do i know when the right time would be to go for the first kiss now heres one other thing we talk everynight see each other once maybe twice a week but when we do we are all smiles an laughs an we usally sit on the couch till way early in the morning so when would be the right time to move in for that first kiss?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think the first right time has already passed. Quit being shy, and make your move before she gives up on you.

Bingo! Make your move now or get banished to the friend zone.
    You're my chorus, my refrain
    The verse of my first pain

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreek View Post
    Bingo! Make your move now or get banished to the friend zone.
    Is that always the case? I mean, sometimes the other party wants to know that person first before even getting involve romantically with them. They prefer to start out as friends first.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverBeenNLuvB4 View Post
    Is that always the case? I mean, sometimes the other party wants to know that person first before even getting involve romantically with them. They prefer to start out as friends first.
    I'm guessing you're female. Women say this, but don't actually mean it. What they mean by this is that they want a guy who will talk to them like their girlfriends do but not have to have sex with them/do girlfriend stuff. Women, in my experience, do not do friends first then transition to relationships. Once you're friends, they always say "you're such a good friend" or the like if you to try to transition it.

Quote Originally Posted by steelsword View Post
    I'm guessing you're female. Women say this, but don't actually mean it. What they mean by this is that they want a guy who will talk to them like their girlfriends do but not have to have sex with them/do girlfriend stuff. Women, in my experience, do not do friends first then transition to relationships. Once you're friends, they always say "you're such a good friend" or the like if you to try to transition it.
    I'm a guy & I don't think you can generalize all women like this. It depends on how the girl is raised & brought up. A lot of women don't automatically jump into a relationship from the getgo. They test the waters first. So how do you do that? They become friends first.

I'm kind of seeing this girl now but we're not a REAL couple yet due to our distant. We're taking it slow in developing our relationship to see where it's going. Mostly on the phone & from a friendly standpoint. We're both free to date people in the meantime. If our feelings grow stronger by the time I finish school, I'll move up to where she is & plan my life there. We're both in our early 20s & are still virgins. Make fun of this if you want but we're both waiting for marriage. It's our culture & religion to believe this. She feels very strongly about this maybe that's why she was into me from the beginning. That and many other stuff.
    Last edited by NeverBeenNLuvB4; 30-04-09 at 03:25 AM.

I'm not really generalizing, or at least not trying to. I'm merely stating from my own personal experience. Women I've dealt with have all told me that they will not get into a relationship with someone whom they've been friends with for a while or what not.

And there's nothing wrong with being a virgin or waiting til marriage. I wish I had.