+ Follow This Topic

Thread: another sleepless night

another sleepless night

i was in a relationship with a guy for over a year. he lives in another state so we mainly sustained our r/s through phone calls. it went alright till about 2 months ago when he started getting sensitive, misinterpreted every word i said. made me all depressed and it's starting to affect my life, mood and work cos we used to talk every night.

so we decided to take time out, to help each other regain some sanity and chase the blues away. so we cut back on the phone calls. subsequently we talked about it and agreed that it's better we remain as friends, cos it's draining and just aint working. later he sent me a text saying something to that effect, that he wasn't ready for r/s.

then recently he started to ring me up. that went for a couple more times. it's starting to cause the sleepless nights again.
    Last edited by stacey; 10-05-09 at 05:18 AM.

It all depends on how much you mean to each other right now. At the end of the day, how can you guarantee that your performance in all aspects of your life will improve by dropping the relationship, even temporarily? The same can be said of your sleepless nights. It's equally possible that if you dropped it, you'd still have sleepless nights because of the relationship, just for a different reason (wondering what he's doing etc).

From personal experience, I'd advise to troop through it. If you mean that much to each other, there will be a time in your lives where the situation for you won't be so hectic. I know how hard it can be to maintain a relationship through phone calls, under the challenges of distance. You just need to be patient and have faith that it will work.

Good luck.

Are you able to spend time together in person at all? If not, it might be best to just end this entirely. Most relationships require some physical component.

If you've tried this more than once and it still has the same outcome-- why are you trying it again?

you'd still have sleepless nights because of the relationship, just for a different reason (wondering what he's doing etc).
    I came here to advertise a relationship site. I am a naughty little goat.

Can you take a break- just a week, no drama, just to get some sleep? maybe after that, you won't be quite so desperate to hear from him and you could regulate yourselves to one night a week only, no exceptions.
    Spammer Spanker