+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: delicate way to address blood

delicate way to address blood

i'm kinda seeing this guy and we've already slept together. he called me this morning and wants to hang out today go to a hotel later blah blah blah.
    what's a delicate way to say bad timing i'm on my rag...
    i know this may seem like a stupid question but i've been told i'm a little too blunt about these things, thought i don't know how you can be too blunt about reality.
    any ideas?

"I'm bleeding."
    I don't chase, I replace.

I'm on BC so I don't really have a period anymore [it was much too painful] but I still spot sometimes-- if my boyfriend tries anything I just tell him I'm "leaking," haha.

It works.

And really-- you can't just go wrong by saying "it's the wrong time of the month."

''It's that time of the month.'' Men will know what you mean, they have been taught about it.
    -Don't tell me that the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon-.
    -Stand up for what is right. Even if you're standing up alone-.
    -People put up walls, not to keep others out, but to see who cares enough to break them down-.

The 'slip and slide is closed'...
    the 'tunnel of love is broke'....
    'no knookie for you... I'm too emotional'....
    'I'm on my cycle'
    'I have my monthly visitor'
    'it's that time of the month'
    'I just don't feel like having sex'
    'my restraining order is in affect around this time'
    'I'm menstruating'
    'I have PMS'
    'Leave me the f#ck alone before I claw your eyes out!' (for those who really want to get the point across)
    'Not now... because I said so'
    'My body decided to take some time off from sex'
    'It's a woman thing'

And the final one:

'You don't want to know... so don't ask'
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

They used to have this pamphlet in my college's health center - "100s ways to say no to sex". My favorites were "I'm allergic to sex" and "I don't like sex".

Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    The 'slip and slide is closed'...
    the 'tunnel of love is broke'....
    'no knookie for you... I'm too emotional'....
    'I'm on my cycle'
    'I have my monthly visitor'
    'it's that time of the month'
    'I just don't feel like having sex'
    'my restraining order is in affect around this time'
    'I'm menstruating'
    'I have PMS'
    'Leave me the f#ck alone before I claw your eyes out!' (for those who really want to get the point across)
    'Not now... because I said so'
    'My body decided to take some time off from sex'
    'It's a woman thing'

And the final one:

'You don't want to know... so don't ask'
    I like this one highlighted.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Does he really need to know the details? Can't you just tell him you'd like a night to yourself? Not that I'd be ashamed of it, but I wouldn't really feel like I'd need to spill it all like that personally, but that's just me.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

I feel the same way starbuck. I asked this question long ago. I think it was the first question I asked on this forum.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    We have funny sentence in polish how to name that .

Cause we call it "ciota" , which means "loser" ,or kind of like "aunt" ("ciocia").
    So we say
    Aunt came in a red mercedes .

Or just say : Have You ever wanted to be a vampire? You can be tonight ;P

Or just say ,"damn tampons are so expensive today, I think it's 'cause of the crisis.Btw. Do You have one? "

I also don't "remember" how it is. I'm on injection since 3 months,and gonna be 3 other.But I've experienced it once,before injection.Then I just said, I have periods.
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by Pettit-Papillon View Post
    We have funny sentence in polish how to name that .

Cause we call it "ciota" , which means "loser" ,or kind of like "aunt" ("ciocia").
    So we say
    Aunt came in a red mercedes .
    hahaha
    Chinese people call it "big aunt"-"My big aunt came to visit."

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    +1

Or, in my part of the world its "Aunt Flow".

BTW, whoever said they are on BC but aren't menstruating... you are pregnant. BC doesn't *prevent* menstruation, it regulates it & prevents ovulation.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you should say "great - let's go away! I'm on my period and orgasms are great for relieving cramps".

Indi - A lot of doctors are prescribing birth control pills that suppress ovulation now, although I thought they still preferred to have you bleed every 3 or 4 months. Personally, it kind of creeps me out.

[url]http://www.webmd.com/sex/birth-control/features/no-more-periods[/url]

Periods in general seem to be more of a bother when you are young... I remember wishing it would just go away...

However, I've become so accustomed to it... learned how to minimize its effects on daily life... to where it poses almost no inconvenience whatsoever.

You could use the excuse of not wanting sex for a week or so, instead of coming right out and saying it --- if your moods are not affected greatly and it does not seem to change any of your normal routines.

I remember my ex rarely noticed when it was that time of month... and there were times when he thought it was that time of month and it wasn't.

So the method you use to convey this to a guy could be partially based on how well you can conceal this.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

^ Yeah, I know what you mean Aeradalia. My friends used to hate that they could not tell on me. Interestingly, the boyfriend had a difficult time too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast